News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2012, 08:15:51 AM
-the government's efficiency is highly hindered by the need to go through the Parlaimental voting process. "The factions should consider" switching to a system where the government has a much broader right to enact laws on it's own, with the Parlaiment approving these after they come into effect.
Sounds very much like Hitler's enabling act of March 1933.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on February 22, 2012, 12:10:54 PM
I wonder if you guys go the same deal from the EU that we did - i.e. that our social security/pension debt is not counted towards the deficit figures.

We didn't. So they nationalized the whole thing.

Tamas

We had a national census recently. Privacy concerns were swept aside of course, mainly because EACH QUESTION WOULD BE RESEARCHED INDIVIDUALLY OMG.

Recent news? "based on census data, a lot of gypsies gave buddhism as religion"

Now how the FUCK are you supposed to know that if you kept to what you promised?

Tamas

One of the new opposition organizations which formed during the current reign is "One Million For Hungarian Freedom Of The Press", or in the much more convinient Hungarian abbrevation: EMS.

They started on Facebook (never got even near to a million though) and have been organizing demonstrations, which quickyl became general anti-government gatherings instead of focusing on freedom of press in general.

Their two leaders have been: summoned to the tax authority.

Altough one of them is apparently a retard, since he didn't submit tax papers between 2006-2010, and you would think that once you start going openly against a gang like this, you cover your ass on stuff like these immediately.

Anyways, they say the real focus was on the tax officers trying to gain info on the money flow of the organization: who supports them, who maintains their Youtube channel, that kind of essential stuff to get their tax papers right.

Since the deadline for last year's tax report is this May, the officers offered to help them prepare the papers "just to be sure" - needing all the bookkeeping and inside info on the organization for that, of course.

Tamas

Marty, Marty! Let me know if you ride with these folks, I'll go to the opposition demo and we might end up hurling stones at each other:

http://www.gazetapolska.pl/13885-wielki-wyjazd-na-wegry

HVC

Hungarian gypsies (also known as just plain hungarians :P ) pick pocketed Antonio Banderas. Not really politics, but i thought it was funny :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on March 08, 2012, 12:08:57 PM
Hungarian gypsies (also known as just plain hungarians :P ) pick pocketed Antonio Banderas. Not really politics, but i thought it was funny :D

Banderas looks more gypsy than I do  :mad:

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on March 08, 2012, 12:11:27 PM

different type of gypsy, but yes, yes he does :lol:

'sides, you're the best kind of gypsy. the one that can "pass" and infiltrate otehr groups. i'm on to you!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on March 08, 2012, 12:12:26 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 08, 2012, 12:11:27 PM

different type of gypsy, but yes, yes he does :lol:

'sides, you're the best kind of gypsy. the one that can "pass" and infiltrate otehr groups. i'm on to you!

an important piece of advice for you folks: do not think it is a good prank to call a hungarian a gypsy. It is right there with calling an arab a jew, a jew an arab, anyone a polack, you get the picture.

chipwich

Tamas

Tamas

Recent snipets. I actually didn't listen to things that much recently. Hungary becoming a Belorussia, or at least an Ukraine, is a given, so why bother.

-according to the new education bill/law, elementary school students will have to choose between attending either a "morality" class, or faith studies  (not sure on the translation of this - it's when a priest gets a weekly class with children to touch, I mean, educate them in biblical matters). So basically they can get to choose between learning religious stuff from a teacher, or a priest.

-allegedly, Orban recently voiced his confusion in a shor interview, about why he should listen to the EU officials, who run the EU "worse than a run-down village" and lack legitimacy to make demands

-regarding the small fact that they assured the markets an IMF deal would be signed in March, while the negotiations haven't even started to this day, he said that he "has been sitting at the negotiating table for months. But they [the IMF and the EU] are not coming"

-a bunch of French liberals are coming to the opposition protests this Thursday, while a bunch of Polack bumfucks come to protest in support of Orban. Inquire for free bus rides to Budapest, and let me know if you come. We can yell insults either together, or at each other, depending on which demo you choose. :thumbsup:

Tamas

:lol: at the first celebrational event of the day, the Kazycnski fanbois seriously outnumber the Hungarians - the whole "crowd" is just drown in the forest of Polish flags. Signs are wield saying "Orba, Kazyncski, lead us on Warsaw" and the like. Hillarity.

Tamas

It is also sad though. There is a supposedly politics-free national celebrational event, and we have a Polack journalist on stage, pouring rightist, EU-bashing propaganda

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on March 12, 2012, 04:06:28 PM
-according to the new education bill/law, elementary school students will have to choose between attending either a "morality" class, or faith studies  (not sure on the translation of this - it's when a priest gets a weekly class with children to touch, I mean, educate them in biblical matters). So basically they can get to choose between learning religious stuff from a teacher, or a priest.

Actually that's what we have been having for the last 10 years or so.

You either get a (Catholic) religion class (usually taught by a priest or a nun but sometimes a lay person) or you get an ethics class (which, at least supposedly, teaches about ethical systems from a more neutral perspective). The main problem with that system is that due to peer pressure/conformity, a very small number of students are ever sent by their parents to ethics classes (but that number is increasing), and often there just aren't enough qualified teachers for that.

The upside however is that nothing seems to make young people hate the Catholic religion as much as having to learn it as a class in the public school.

There is now a growing vocal minority that wants to do away with that system and kick religion out of schools - even a lot of Catholics admit that the way it was during the communist era (kids going to religion classes ran by the Catholic church in "Sunday school" type of set up) was preferable. However, since this comes with money (priests and nuns getting paid to be teachers by the state), the greedy priests won't give that one up without a fight.