News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

And are you managing to meet this population growth with economic growth ie new jobs?
Unless I catch up with my German VERY quickly, your island may be my only chance for a decent life.  :hmm:

BTW, A meeting started between Orban, Matolcsy (the finance minister), Fellegi (who is leading our delegation on the IMF negotiations), and Simor (central bank prez); about two hours ago.

Simor left it an hour ago :bleeding:

Sheilbh

We've not had the growth recently. But things will get better. I think London's still churning out jobs quicker than it can churn people.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2012, 04:51:07 AM
And are you managing to meet this population growth with economic growth ie new jobs?
Unless I catch up with my German VERY quickly, your island may be my only chance for a decent life.  :hmm:

BTW, A meeting started between Orban, Matolcsy (the finance minister), Fellegi (who is leading our delegation on the IMF negotiations), and Simor (central bank prez); about two hours ago.

Simor left it an hour ago :bleeding:

Your government officials' names suggest they are Ferengi. That would explain a lot.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2012, 04:51:07 AM

We are having a recession, it is a bit crap atm, but the recession will go away.............it is different to what you fear is happening in Hungary.

Tamas

The IMF requirements have  been allegedly leaked.

Apparently, they want a sustainable budget. The nerves these imperialist jewish pigdogs have!  :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2012, 09:47:06 AM
Apparently, they want a sustainable budget.

What?!  PEOPLE OF EUROPE RISE UP!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

The IMF requirements have  been allegedly leaked.

Apparently, they want a sustainable budget. The nerves these imperialist jewish pigdogs have!  :mad:

A sustainable budget? Why not a space elevator as well? If the peoples of Europe wanted sustainable budgets they would have voted for them decades ago.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2012, 09:47:41 AM
Apparently, they want a sustainable budget.

What?!  PEOPLE OF EUROPE RISE UP!
Hey, don't associate us with this crazy :P

Interesting perspective by BBC Business Correspondent.  Hungary as symptom of Eurozone crisis:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16439644

I read that the yields on Austrian banks are reaching new highs because of fears about their loans to Hungary so it's cycling back.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 06, 2012, 04:46:08 AM
As Sheilbh says  :D

The total fertility rate has been rising for some years, reaching 2.00 in 2009 according to this source http://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_dyn_tfrt_in&idim=country:GBR&dl=en&hl=en&q=uk+total+fertility+rate , and is continuing to rise. There is also considerable net immigration of about 250,000 per annum. Meanwhile, being British  :bowler:, we are failing to build many new houses , only 100k housing starts a year IIRC.

But you Brits move abroad at huge rates.  You can just start new colonies someplace.  Like in Germany to live in all the  houses vacated by the Master Race Baby Bust.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2012, 09:55:20 AM
But you Brits move abroad at huge rates.  You can just start new colonies someplace.  Like in Germany to live in all the  houses vacated by the Master Race Baby Bust.
We're waiting for the bits of Greece, Spain and Italy that we haven't already colonised (like ants) to empty out :mmm:

Given Italian demographics I imagine Tuscany will just be a sunny bit of the home counties in a few years :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Well, I'm done reading the P'dox thread. Consensus seems to be that things aren't as bad as they seem, or at least not worse than in other countries, and that the elected government have the mandate to do as they see fit. All the bad press is left wing fearmongering by people with questionable agendas. The Orban government is doing what the law allows them to, and are wonderful democrats. Also, the Hungarians can vote them out, after all, if things are really so bad.

I presume the posters will declare peace in our time soon.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2012, 12:18:34 PM
Also, the Hungarians can vote them out, after all, if things are really so bad.

That is an interesting arguement: their policies must be good because they are still in power.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Well that is basically British democracy. But we have a very independent judiciary, an aggressive media and no written constitution to casually replace.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2012, 12:18:34 PM
Well, I'm done reading the P'dox thread. Consensus seems to be that things aren't as bad as they seem, or at least not worse than in other countries, and that the elected government have the mandate to do as they see fit. All the bad press is left wing fearmongering by people with questionable agendas. The Orban government is doing what the law allows them to, and are wonderful democrats. Also, the Hungarians can vote them out, after all, if things are really so bad.

I presume the posters will declare peace in our time soon.

:bleeding: :frusty: