And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on January 05, 2012, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: Zanza on January 05, 2012, 05:02:54 PM
The people on Paradox think it's all just leftist scaremongering and what Orban does is basically fine.

I'll might head there and kick some ass. Fuckin' rightwing teenager scumbags.

I love that "Easy1" dude from "Reichskomissariat Norwegen" who says that what's happening in Hungary is basically the same thing the left wingers do in Norway and Sweden. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Is that true?  That Orban is just a right wing version of the left-wingers of Scandinavia?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 05, 2012, 11:47:16 PM
The people on Paradox think it's all just leftist scaremongering and what Orban does is basically fine.

I love that "Easy1" dude from "Reichskomissariat Norwegen" who says that what's happening in Hungary is basically the same thing the left wingers do in Norway and Sweden. :lol:

They let post on the internet after shooting all those people?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on January 05, 2012, 05:55:03 PM
Despite living in what is probably the safest Eurozone country at the moment, I also wonder how to protect against a possible currency change. I consider buying real estate. I am late with that though because the prices have already risen considerably in the last year or so.

I have my cash in euro, dollars and zloty (about one third each) and the rest of my assets is in real estate (two flats, one with mortgage; and some silly agricultural land which I bought in case someone wants to build a highway somewhere in the Eastern Poland one day). :P

Martinus

Hey, these idiots are everywhere. Just listen to our own szmik who thinks that Poland is really in shambles and what we need is return to the gold standard and take voting rights away from women.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2012, 03:16:38 AM

Hey, these idiots are everywhere. Just listen to our own szmik who thinks that Poland is really in shambles and what we need is return to the gold standard and take voting rights away from women.

The people we need to take away voting rights from are the ones who are not net contributors to the state budget :contract:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Zanza on January 05, 2012, 05:55:03 PM
Despite living in what is probably the safest Eurozone country at the moment, I also wonder how to protect against a possible currency change. I consider buying real estate. I am late with that though because the prices have already risen considerably in the last year or so.

They have been depressed for quite some time in Germany though, the past decade or two IIRC, might be the early stages of a substantial readjustment  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2012, 03:20:07 AM

The people we need to take away voting rights from are the ones who are not net contributors to the state budget :contract:

See, with idiotic statements like this you prove that Eastern Europeans can't have good things.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2012, 03:55:33 AM

See, with idiotic statements like this you prove that Eastern Europeans can't have good things.

I just hate rampant populism buying votes via state spending.

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 06, 2012, 03:31:30 AMThey have been depressed for quite some time in Germany though, the past decade or two IIRC, might be the early stages of a substantial readjustment  :hmm:
Our population is predicted to decline massively over the next few decades. Long-term real estate except for the very best locations (which I can't afford) doesn't seem such a great investment.

Richard Hakluyt

I'll hold off buying my holiday home in the Harz then  :cool:

Yes, the demographics for Germany are looking very different to what the UK faces.

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 06, 2012, 04:22:22 AM

Yes, the demographics for Germany are looking very different to what the UK faces.

which is?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 06, 2012, 03:55:33 AM

Cause none of your "boyfriends" would get to vote? :console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2012, 04:26:21 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 06, 2012, 04:22:22 AM

which is?

As Sheilbh says  :D

The total fertility rate has been rising for some years, reaching 2.00 in 2009 according to this source http://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_dyn_tfrt_in&idim=country:GBR&dl=en&hl=en&q=uk+total+fertility+rate , and is continuing to rise. There is also considerable net immigration of about 250,000 per annum. Meanwhile, being British  :bowler:, we are failing to build many new houses , only 100k housing starts a year IIRC.