And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Bailed you boys out on FIFA too.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2023, 02:02:29 AMBailed you boys out on FIFA too.

Infantino is such an improvement.  :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2023, 04:01:54 PMGood. I saw a rumour that Hungary will quietly accept air transfers of military equipment to Ukraine through their air space which if true means they are scared and trying to patch things up without having to abandon the pro-Putin pose.

The Hungarians took a good hand and played it very badly. :hmm:  The Russians added them anyway to their 'unfriendly countries' list a couple months back. Hopefully nothing bad happens to the Turkstream pipeline in the next 15 years. 
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

HVC

I feel bad for his mistress that night
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Getting some mixed signals. "No gender?"  :hmm:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Everybody must stay in the same location they were born for their entire life. Nobody can have a gender. Nobody can fight a war.

Seems pretty straightforward  :hmm:

Kind of a radical vision for society.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Yeah, leave gender to grammar. Sex and sexuality are different.

:P

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 04, 2023, 03:15:09 PMYeah, leave gender to grammar. Sex and sexuality are different.

I don't see where he said sex and sexuality are the same but I am not familiar with every aspect of the radical social engineering Orban is interested in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2023, 03:20:06 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 04, 2023, 03:15:09 PMYeah, leave gender to grammar. Sex and sexuality are different.

I don't see where he said sex and sexuality are the same but I am not familiar with every aspect of the radical social engineering Orban is interested in.

A common confusion among puritans and/or protestants, which lead often to use of gender as a euphemism.
Guess what, Orban is a calvinist convert.  :P
More of a 19th century thing among prudes in France.

I remember seeing sometimes gender (not translated as genre) or gendérisme (sic) in French but it's no longer in use,  I think.  :hmm: 

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 04, 2023, 03:25:02 PMGuess what, Orban is a calvinist convert.  :P

What? Who would do such a thing?  :o

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2023, 03:28:16 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 04, 2023, 03:25:02 PMGuess what, Orban is a calvinist convert.  :P

What? Who would do such a thing?  :o
He did not do it, he was predestinated.  :lol:

Valmy

Tamas

The newly appointed Chief of Staff of the Hungarian armed forces explained in an interview that regarding the government's "efforts for peace" people should consider Germany's invasion of Poland as an example. That "began as a local conflict" but because "nobody was willing to step up for peace" it "escalated into a global conflict".

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 09, 2023, 07:34:49 AMThe newly appointed Chief of Staff of the Hungarian armed forces explained in an interview that regarding the government's "efforts for peace" people should consider Germany's invasion of Poland as an example. That "began as a local conflict" but because "nobody was willing to step up for peace" it "escalated into a global conflict".

What the hell does he mean by that? And what exactly is the current government doing in their effort for peace?

If the Chief of Staff of the Hungarian Armed Forces thinks that we lacked people saying vague and meaningless platitudes in 1939, I can assure him there were in fact lots of those going around at the time.