Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Held in another country. Sigh.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Also apparently he was using a Russian (derogatory) term for pro-Western people (zapadniks) and he quoted Lenin in Russian.

Syt

Hungarian foreign minister in Moscow recently:

Meanwhile, Austrian chancellor Nehammer tweeted that he's looking forward to welcoming Orban in Vienna next week, calling Hungary an important partner and neighbor, and that both Austria and Hungary were heavily affected illegal immigration and they'd discuss fighting it together.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on July 23, 2022, 06:42:38 AMAlso apparently he was using a Russian (derogatory) term for pro-Western people (zapadniks) and he quoted Lenin in Russian.
The stuff about not wanting the Hungarian race to be mixed is pretty grim.

And he'll now have a full time American propagandist as Rod Dreher, after a stint in Budapest, has now announced he's moving there full-time. Plus I think Orbán is addressing some event in the US that Trump's also speaking at so... :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Racial purity stuff is always a joke.
But how the hell do they even try to work that with Hungarians? How does the racist version of history go where they manage to get the Asian language without mixing?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Isn't that arguably part of it? The unique Hungarian language surviving where it is surrounded by various Indo-European languages?

Edit: Oh and apparently it's okay for Europeans to "mix". Only seeing snippets on Twitter though. Apparently there is an English language official spokesman who was live tweeting but missed the rant on miscegenation somehow <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I didn't pay attention to the details but I think the racial purity thing was on a European level, as he was foreshadowing the fall of Western civilisation by 2030.

In any case this must be understood in Orbanian context. Namely that he is facing the worst monetary and economic situation of his reign, and his lack of talent to actually govern may very soon show itself very clearly. He emptied the budget during elections, the currency is tanking in big part because it was intentional policy to keep it weak during the good Times, and the EU, so far at least, have been keeping fresh funds away from him.

One particular thing is that he has been forced to cut back on the consumer energy price subsidies which have been a big staple of his reign and a cornerstone of his legitimacy. Altough his grip on power and propaganda may very well be string enough to overcome this, the economic situation must be pretty dire if he took this step, he must hr desperate to trigger a fresh culture war both internally and with the EU.

Of course that still makes these 1940s style comments disgusting and dangerous, but I think they were made because of the above reasons.

Tamas

So, uhm, this happened somewhere in the country, the local Fidesz MP had some kind of a meeting/conference with his district's 12 female mayors.

At the end, as what I am sure the MP thought was a fun gimmick, he had the lady mayors learn a dance routine and dance around him. Video link should jump straight when it starts at 2:31.

https://youtu.be/NKVzSLk2_UI?t=151

The Larch

Sheilbh

So after CPAC Budapest, now we've got Orban addressing CPAC in Texas - all about defending Western civilisation and "Judeo-Christian values" from "globalists" etc by winning backk the institutions to much applause.

And the need to win this battle in the two fronts: Washington and Brussels - first in the mid-terms, then in the 2024 US and European elections. Key message seems to be "progressive liberals didn't want me to be here because they knew what I would tell you. I'm here to tell you that we should unite our forces" :bleeding:

Added to things like Rod Dreher moving to Budapest permanently and I think there's going to be a lot more about Hungary and Orban circulating on the American right very soon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

WWF is freaking out because as part of the "energy state of emergency" declared not too long ago, among other things, removes  pretty much all restrictions when it comes to cutting trees - according to them there's now basically a green light to do the lumber version of strip mining.

Habbaku

Took me a moment to realize you weren't talking about wrestling.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 04, 2022, 04:18:12 PMSo after CPAC Budapest, now we've got Orban addressing CPAC in Texas - all about defending Western civilisation and "Judeo-Christian values" from "globalists" etc by winning backk the institutions to much applause.

I had no idea that Hungary was so devoutly pious and considered itself a western country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2022, 11:11:27 PMI had no idea that Hungary was so devoutly pious and considered itself a western country.

Similar to Russia in that regard, I think.

Valmy

Ok I did a little research and Hungarians barely attend church at all, much like most of Europe outside of Poland. So much for all its Christian values it is defending.

And LOL at Hungary defending Jewish values.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."