News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Less than a month now!
So, as an appetiser, the location of the base camps for each squad. Most countries bordering Germany seem to stay away from their border, except for the Swiss in Stuttgart:

So no Denmark in Flensborg Flensburg but Czechs up North in Norderstedt, and so on.

Not to mention Austria not in outer Bavaria, but deep in Piefkeland, in Berlin! No less.  :D

The Brain

Please avoid using the word "camps".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

It totally doesn't feel like this is happening. Not much fuss to be felt about it at all.
I suppose covid is heavily to blame with it feeling like we've had a world/euro cup every year lately.

England has a good strategic position there. Sole ownership of one province. Another unclaimed to the east. hmm.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2024, 05:43:41 AMPlease avoid using the word "camps".

Only to be used with concentration or extermination?  :hmm:
If it triggers you, I may use Lager. Not just during the games.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Eastern Länder (old GDR) do not seem popular for some reason.
Saarland not having any base camp as well, but I don't think it's for the same reasons.

The Brain

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 16, 2024, 05:49:16 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2024, 05:43:41 AMPlease avoid using the word "camps".

Only to be used with concentration or exterminationr?  :hmm:

I'm not a beer person.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on May 16, 2024, 05:47:23 AMIt totally doesn't feel like this is happening. Not much fuss to be felt about it at all.
I suppose covid is heavily to blame with it feeling like we've had a world/euro cup every year lately.

England has a good strategic position there. Sole ownership of one province. Another unclaimed to the east. hmm.

My first thought was they made sure to isolate the English.  :D

Nice to have 3 countries to cheer for. Except any Hungarian success will be very bittersweet. Football is Orban's pet project plus the stadium-going fanbase have become very fascistoid in the last several years with the uniform black t-shirts and whatnot, they are going to sour the whole thing.

P.S. Hungary should have been put to Augsburg.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2024, 06:03:43 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 16, 2024, 05:49:16 AM

Only to be used with concentration or exterminationr?  :hmm:

I'm not a beer person.

More into bear(s) as the animal lover you are?  :x

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 16, 2024, 07:08:50 AMNorderstedt  :lmfao:

Kontext, bitte!

You're from Holstein, so local grudges and/or knowledge certainly play a part but we demand need details.  :P
Not just that it would have been better for Danes, I'm sure. :D

Syt

It's more that Norderstedt is one of those soulless working class periphery towns around Hamburg that are basically glorified sleep towns for people working in Hamburg. The only more beige town I can think of in S-H is Neumünster. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

France is Paderborn? Is this the beginning of an attempt to reform Asatru?