And we're back!

Main Menu

[PC] Vainglory of Nations

Started by Syt, April 12, 2009, 04:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

SCREENSHOTS! :D

From the 1914 scenario:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Looks halfway decent for a late-Alpha.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ancient Demon

Look at the in game date. 1914 Early July. Early July? This means the turns are higher frequency than monthly, not what I was hoping to see.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Habbaku

Potentially 1680 turns a game does seem a bit much...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

I thought I clicked on the Vicky 2 thread and almost shit my pants.

CountDeMoney

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jaron

Looks much better than Victoria 1 or 2. ^_^
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Zanza

Looks interesting. Belgium and Poland look strange on the alpha screenies though.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on December 13, 2009, 02:20:22 PM
Looks interesting. Belgium and Poland look strange on the alpha screenies though.

They look strange in real life.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

They really ARE running out of names,.

Habbaku

How many players is this supposed to support via PBEM?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martim Silva

I admit I'm interested. And since it's turn-based, I may buy it when it comes out...

Also, it seems that Sweden is a weak nation covered in permafrost, as it should be.

Though I suspect France will be a powerhouse. And that WW1 will start around 1851.

Still, looking forward to mucking around in Africa.

Lucidor

If it has good single player, perhaps...

(and true to the Vicky mode, I interpreted the Greek flags as Swedish)

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould