News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Holy crap, FIU is raping Louisville through the air on ESPN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2011, 06:59:39 PM
Holy crap, FIU is raping Louisville through the air on ESPN.

Just turned it on.  I'm pleased with the score so far, and hope they can hold on.

Louisville didn't look so hot against <1AA Team> in week one either.  FIU kicked the shit out of North Texas (which is basically a 1AA team).

e:  Okay that was a horseshit PI call that gave Louisville a free first down on 3rd and 13 or so.   Didn't matter since FIU stopped them on 4th down a few plays later, but still.

MadBurgerMaker

:yuk:  Don't like the numbers on Arizona State's new uniforms.  Gradients are terrible.  The little pitchforks by the numbers on the field (instead of arrows) are kind of a neat touch though.

Go Devils.

Hm.  7-3 ASU.  Missouri doesn't seem to be able to cover downfield and their center just basically rolled a 7 yard snap back to the QB.   Arizona State has already missed a FG, but has been moving the ball pretty well (as did Mizzou on the last drive).

Hey announcers, I'm not quite sure how tall the ASU QB is.  Could you please tell me for the 15th time?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 09, 2011, 09:39:00 PM
:yuk:  Don't like the numbers on Arizona State's new uniforms.  Gradients are terrible.  The little pitchforks by the numbers on the field (instead of arrows) are kind of a neat touch though.

Go Devils.

Hm.  7-3 ASU.  Missouri doesn't seem to be able to cover downfield and their center just basically rolled a 7 yard snap back to the QB.   Arizona State has already missed a FG, but has been moving the ball pretty well (as did Mizzou on the last drive).

Hey announcers, I'm not quite sure how tall the ASU QB is.  Could you please tell me for the 15th time?
How tall is he?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

16-10 ASU at the half.  With the way their offense was moving the ball, the Sun Devils can't be too happy about those 16 points.  They're also playing like a bunch of no tackling dumbasses on D.  With about 1:00 left in the half and Mizzou trying to just run the clock out, the Tigers ended up eventually attempting (and missing) a long field goal after ASU gave up a long run and handed them 35 free yards with retarded penalties.

Tim, he might be 6'8" but I'm not certain.  They need to tell me a few more times.  Prior to this game, I had never heard announcers get excited about 1 yard QB dives at midfield.  Tessitore is a fucking moron who seems to just occasionally start screaming about random events though, so that might be all that was.

Edit:  Oh wow.  Speaking of no tackling D, an ASU player just sort of bumped into the Mizzou running back, then just stood there and watched him run away.  It was this dude Burfict who they keep talking about like he's good or something, but who really seems to suck.

jimmy olsen

Those new helmets Arizona st. are wearing are pretty boss. :cool:

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2011, 11:48:39 PM
Those new helmets Arizona st. are wearing are pretty boss. :cool:

Yeah I dig those, but at the same time I miss the little devil dude they used to have on there. 

Lots of flags getting tossed out in this one.

30-16 ASU.  Get some.

edit: oh wow that was a really nice pass and throw for the Missouri TD after the muffed punt and retardery on D by ASU.

Arizona State now appears to be trying to give this away. 

MadBurgerMaker

What a douche.  This game is pretty entertaining though.

Edit:  Jesus christ nice D ASU.   :lol:

And Missouri ices their own kicker on the game winning try.  Very nice.  An excellent time to burn both of your remaining time outs, Pinkel.  :lmfao:  Arizona State wins in OT. 

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Gosh I'm so glad A&M exists.

I still, kind of, want to know how you "get revenge" with these jars.  Hope she saw my question at the bottom of the page.  Kind of.  It might be better to just....not know.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 10, 2011, 01:41:09 AM
Gosh I'm so glad A&M exists.

I still, kind of, want to know how you "get revenge" with these jars.  Hope she saw my question at the bottom of the page.
I just quoted with "Dump it on their room?"  to bring it on to the next page.

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2011, 01:46:45 AM
I just quoted with "Dump it on their room?"  to bring it on to the next page.

God, that's so gross. 

edit:  Seriously, considering who we're talking about here, I honestly wouldn't be too terribly surprised if the answer was something along the lines of "Dump it all over myself in front of them then rub up against them!  Why?  Doesn't that happen at schools everywhere?"

Hey there she is again.  She contributed the period blood "for laughs."

Syt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 10, 2011, 12:38:11 AM
And Missouri ices their own kicker on the game winning try.  Very nice.  An excellent time to burn both of your remaining time outs, Pinkel.  :lmfao:  Arizona State wins in OT.

Saw the last quarter and OT this morning during breakfast. Fun finish.  :cool:

Just checked my live schedule for today on ESPN-A:
Oregon St at Wisconsin
Alabama at Penn St
Notre Dame at Michigan

And college game day is my satursday afternoon ritual.  :blush:

Tomorrow they'll show non-live
Cincinnati at Tennessee
BYU at Texas
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.