And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 11:29:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 11:15:35 PM
Nice!  Also nice to see how UTSA will have its games on the LHN this season.  CdM can watch them!

Haha I didn't think about that.  CdM watching UTSA football?  Awesome.  :lol:

UTEP and UTSA I can handle, but those orange faggits...nope.

First experience with LHN today: flipped on just in time to watch a story on that TE that had his knee turned into a flamingo leg last season.  :x

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 11:35:30 PM
UTEP and UTSA I can handle, but those orange faggits...nope.

First experience with LHN today: flipped on just in time to watch a story on that TE that had his knee turned into a flamingo leg last season.  :x

Oh Irby?  That was nasty.  They caught that in HD slo-mo close up, almost like the McGahee thing (except for the HD part).

CountDeMoney

Surprised that nobody mentioned the LSU-Oregon game the last couple pages.
Not surprised Neil was doing his Canadian self-loathing projection schtick the last couple pages.

Ducks got fucked by SEC speed.  Suck on it, Quack10.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 11:38:34 PM
Not surprised Neil was doing his Canadian self-loathing projection schtick the last couple pages.

SEC speed got wacked by BYU and BOise State though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 11:37:11 PM
Oh Irby?  That was nasty.  They caught that in HD slo-mo close up, almost like the McGahee thing (except for the HD part).

Yeah, sorta compelling the way his leg actually moved back and to the left.  Like the Zapruder film in 1080p.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 11:32:58 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 08:51:45 PM
Holy shit, watching the ND - USF highlights, was that four turnovers in the red zone?  Only losing by 3 is kind of an accomplishment after that. 

Yeah, three of which were inside the 10 yard line.  Disgusting.

And one of which was returned for a touchdown.

Rough start but I think ND can get something going this year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 11:39:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 11:38:34 PM

Even a starving squirrel finds a nut or two in Week 1.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 11:42:21 PM
Rough start but I think ND can get something going this year.

They better start pretty fucking soon then.

Much to the chagrin of ND haters, they'll probably only fall from #15 to #18 after this loss.  :P

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 11:39:36 PM
Yeah, sorta compelling the way his leg actually moved back and to the left.  Like the Zapruder film in 1080p.

Aw man.   With this description, I just had to throw out a google search for that to see it again, and  :x :bleeding:  why do I do this to myself

At least he was finally back tonight.  Didn't do anything though, I don't think, aside from one drop. 

Valmy, what did you think of Gilbert tonight? 

Eddie Teach

You're reaching. Those teams both had much better records than their opponents last year.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 11:47:47 PM
Valmy, what did you think of Gilbert tonight? 

Well he was not horrible.  Which is a vast improvement from last year.  He made some nice throws.

He missed a Mike Davis wide open deep and botched some easy throws though.  Basically his game would have been a positive one for a Freshman but he is a Junior.  I know it is a new offense but it seems like we have been waiting a really long time for him to figure this thing out.  I have my doubts this guy is ever going to be a great one.  I think we should have gone with somebody who can be great rather than safely mediocre.  But hey Gilbert will have a whole season to prove me wrong.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 03, 2011, 11:49:17 PM

You're reaching. Those teams both had much better records than their opponents last year.

I was just playing around with CdM and his SEC hubris.  Losing to Boise State is nothing to be ashamed of.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 11:43:47 PM
They better start pretty fucking soon then.

Well they gave USF the freaking game.  Maybe because they love the Holtz family so much.

CountDeMoney

I'm so totally pumped for Miami-Maryland on Monday night, new shitty uniforms be damned.  It's gonna be Terp Time.

MadBurgerMaker

Entrance video!  It's like you were there!  Only like if your hearing was maybe a little messed up.  This dude seems to have been sitting just a bit to the right of me.   :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIcckV5FHPY

First TD: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHitI1A-mk&NR=1

AWESOME DUDE WOOO

QuoteBasically his game would have been a positive one for a Freshman but he is a Junior.

Haha this was something that came to mind while I was watching.  "Hm.  Gilbert isn't doing too badly, except for <screwup 1>, <screwup 2>, <etc>.  A couple more years and he could be a bada................wait.................."