News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Georgia Tech was just stripped of their '09 ACC title.

Is it just me or has their been a much larger number of infractions punished by the NCAA in the last couple of years then normal?

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AukWS05mUdquTa6TGcvUDiI5nYcB?slug=ap-gatech-ncaa
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Retarded rules are retarded. Making money is more important then losing titles a couple of years down the road.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen link
Is it just me or has their been a much larger number of infractions punished by the NCAA in the last couple of years then normal?

I'd say it's just you.

Seriously, I think it just seems like there are more schools getting punished than normal because of the nature of the punishments given out.  The NCAA has gotten real big into vacating victories, which gets attention but is ultimately meaningless.  Scholarship reductions and the like are much more significant penalties, but losing 1 or 2 scholarships a year or being allowed 10 less recruiting vistis a year doesn't get the same attention.

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 20, 2011, 06:46:03 PM
Nike goes off on Wyoming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGukx7AlRE4

The tactical black look cool as shit.
If you're going to have that many uniforms, might as well not be Oregon and fuck them all up.

Ed Anger

QuoteThe NCAA will not hit Ohio State University with its harshest findings of "failure to monitor" or lack of institutional control over the memorabilia scandal that cost head football coach Jim Tressel his job, says a summary of the case released Friday.

"Considering the institution's rules education and monitoring efforts, the enforcement staff did not believe a failure to monitor charge was appropriate in this case," the NCAA said in the report that was made public by the school.

Escaping the harsher charges, which could have meant the loss of scholarships and other penalties that affect future seasons, may make it easier for Ohio State to recruit a new head coach should it not choose to stick with interim pick Luke Fickell. The school's self-imposed punishment wipes out its 2010 season.

The university has compiled documents related to the case, including the report and the terms of Tressel's retirement, here. The university said the NCAA's summary "is consistent with the university's position as to the facts in the case."

The report stuck to the basic allegations: That a group of players were unjustly enriched by trading team awards and memorabilia for tattoos and other failures, and that Tressel failed to report the violations when he became aware of them. As a result, he knowingly fielded inel ..
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 22, 2011, 04:13:44 PM
QuoteThe NCAA will not hit Ohio State University with its harshest findings of "failure to monitor" or lack of institutional control over the memorabilia scandal that cost head football coach Jim Tressel his job, says a summary of the case released Friday...
Apparently, all the loaner cars are okay with the NCAA.  OSU dodged a bullet there.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

The loaner cars are BS. Yeah, my car's been in the shop for six months. But I got this awesome Charger as a loaner...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Holy crap, I timmay'ed that quote. APPAALLING

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Whoa.  I need to get off my ass and get some tickets to UTSA's first game.  Some sections have already sold out or something, and others only have single seats available (this includes all of the lower level non-endzone sections, and a lot of the second level non-endzone as well....fuuuuuckkk).  The damn things only went on sale last week.  I figured I had some time.  <_<

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C0046EC8AC77DA3?artistid=1618459&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

The student section seems very large on that little diagram. 

Edit:  Oh.  Jerseys, according to the bookstore:

I don't know if these are the real ones, but these particular jerseys are....remarkably inoffensive.   :hmm:  They almost seem too plain.  Not quite practice jerseys, but close.  Eh.  For comparison, the only other ones I've seen aside from the practice jerseys:

Piping and shit everywhere.  Anyway, this actually has the Adidas logo and is supposedly in a locker, so....

Ed Anger

:)

QuoteBoise State Forbidden From Wearing All Blue Everything On All Blue Field

The Boise State football program, which will play its first season as a Mountain West Conference team this year, will not be permitted to wear its electric blue uniforms at home on its electric blue field in league games. The agreement presumably satisfies the "those things are annoying as shit" clause in the school's new MWC contract. It's not quite a universally-shared opinion, however:

President Bob Kustra and athletic director Gene Bleymaier signed off on the agreement. But coach Chris Petersen was less than thrilled with the arrangement when asked about it at Mountain West media day Tuesday.

"I thought it was ridiculous," Petersen said. "... That's our colors. That's who we are. That's who our fans have wanted us to be since I've been at Boise State. That's what it's been through and through."

If the uniforms have actually translated into a competitive advantage over the years, we'll find out this season, when the Broncos will wear their electric orange uniforms at home, which is somehow considered a negotiation. Since 2000, they're 69-2 at Bronco Stadium, and they never lost a conference game at home in their former league, the Western Athletic Conference. If it makes a difference, we'll know early on — but we still fail to see how their assumed advantage is really any different from a green uniform on a grass or regular turf field.

PDH

The Mountain West Sheriff is in town, Boise.

Take that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker