And we're back!

Main Menu

Color Pics of the 1906 San Fran Quake Found

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2011, 01:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2011, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2011, 01:10:29 PM
They were part of a set of six taken in the months after the earthquake and show some of the ruins along Market Street and scenes taken from the roof of the Hotel Majestic, on Sutter Street near Gough Street.

The Hotel Majestic still exists, and is a lovely little boutique hotel.  I stayed there in '05.   :)

Just before the quake?
:lol:  Would've been a lot better if it was grumbler instead of Beeb, though.

garbon

Given that sort of "color", not really more impressive than the black and white ones.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2011, 03:10:32 PM
Given that sort of "color", not really more impressive than the black and white ones.
Would it  kill you to be positive for once?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2011, 05:35:59 PM
We'll never find out, I'm afraid.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2011, 05:36:47 PM
We'll never find out, I'm afraid.
:XD:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

To be fair, Garbon has a point.  Ruins are ruins, whether you take pictures of them in color or b&w.

garbon

Sure I'll be positive.  I'm pleased with the GOP's efforts in Wisconsin.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Whenever Timmy shake off a thread on the latest Japan earthquake, can we use the same puns? :unsure:

Edit: Oh shit, an 8.9 could be a nasty one, maybe I won't joke about it. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom