News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Just because I am in a horrible abusive relationship does not mean I could bear to see it end Viper  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2016, 01:29:24 PM
Just because I am in a horrible abusive relationship does not mean I could bear to see it end Viper  :(
Sorry :(

With the Nordiques, I've seen mediocrity more often than victory.  Just as I was coming of age to watch hockey on tv (and I could watch it, not rely solely on radio), they started having really bad years.  And then, they renewed with some success, did a Caps out of themselves against L'ennemi Héréditaire and decided to move to Denver :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Wait the Rangers were their rival? Huh.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2016, 01:47:47 PM

When the Nords met the Habs in the playoffs, multiple times they took 2-0 leads & each time they eventually lost the series.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

So it's not NHL hockey but...

It's done.  Timmy is signed up for Timbits Hockey in the fall.  Complete with an evaluation camp to divide the kids by skill level. These are six year old kids.  Also I have to complete an hour long "respect in sport" course. :bleeding:

No idea how Tim will do.  Undoubtedly some of these kids will have been 'playing' hockey for the past two years (though they only start organized games at this level).  The games  are done on only half the ice.  Tim did do a full year of skating lessons and his skating isn't bad.

I'm not sure if I'm more worried that he'll hate it, or that he'll love it and we just signed ourselves up for the whole "Canadian hockey parent" experience...  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2016, 03:06:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2016, 01:47:47 PM

When the Nords met the Habs in the playoffs, multiple times they took 2-0 leads & each time they eventually lost the series.

Ah I was thinking of 1995 when they finished #1 and then lost to the #8 Rangers in the first round.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Sounds like 31st NHL team will be calling Las Vegas home.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2016, 05:50:47 PM

:bleeding: Another team for me to hate.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2016, 06:11:14 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2016, 05:50:47 PM

:bleeding: Another team for me to hate.
I don't think they'll be in a shape to beat the Caps anytime soon...

Jaron

The Las Vegas Jack Pots.

We will call them the Jack Offs.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

So it's draft night tonight.  Jets fans have been abuzz since we won the #2 selection, then watched presumed #2 Patric Laine light it up in the World Championship as an 18 year old playing against NHLeres.

Plus, I got my tickets to the Heritage Classic outdoor game in October. :yeah:

PRC

Laine is awesome, I think he is he going to be better than Matthews, so the Jets got a great player.

viper37

PK Subban to Nashville for Shea Weber.
Good move for the Habs.  Long overdue.

I'm saddened I won't be able to mock the Habs fan next year. :(

Barrister

I don't understand that move - why clear out Subban?

Also - Stamkos re-ups with the Lightning, and not Toronto.

And - Taylor Hall traded to NJ for Adam Larsson from NJD