News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Well it's always nice to win your season opener.

It's even nicer to demolish the opposition, doubly so when it's the Coyotes.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 09, 2014, 11:56:55 PM
It's even nicer to demolish the opposition, doubly so when it's the Coyotes.   :cool:
Serves them well for not moving to Quebec city! :mad:

:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on October 10, 2014, 09:40:34 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 09, 2014, 11:56:55 PM
Serves them well for not moving to Quebec city! :mad:

:P

They're going to Seattle.  :sleep:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

So after a bit of a swoon initially, the Jets have been on a tear, and are now in third spot in the Central Division after a 3-1 win over the Preds.  :cool:

Barrister

At the 20 game mark, with one quarter of the season now over, your Winnipeg Jets remain in 3rd place in the Central.   :cool:

Edmonton remains in their rightful place of course in last place in the Western Conference.   :ph34r:

Jacob

Apparently the PA system died during the singing of the American National anthem at the recent Toronto-Nashville game, and the fans responded by finishing the song themselves.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/20/when-the-mic-died-during-the-u-s-national-anthem-in-toronto-thats-when-the-canadians-did-something-pretty-cool/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Barrister

So Evanker Kane tweets today:

QuoteToday is the 3 year anniversary of the infamous #moneyphone #hadtodoit

:lol:  I like this kid.

Barrister

So it's a bit of a rough game, but Jets beat the Oilers today in OT.

:yeah:

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on December 04, 2014, 01:11:32 AM

Eakins gets fired?

Sophie Scholl

The Sabres are actually showing some life! :o
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: PRC on December 04, 2014, 02:00:53 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 04, 2014, 01:11:32 AM

Eakins gets fired?
Not sure that would really help.  The failure begins much higher up in the organization.  It's no coincidence that the Oilers recent history has been littered with underdeveloped players and a complete disregard for defence, and that was long before Eakins hit town.  It'd probably be a good idea to start the axe with Kevin Lowe, and then just keep on moving.  Either way, the Oilers won't be worthwhile again for a very long time.  There just isn't anything to build on.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

I totally agree with that.  They need to clean house starting with Lowe and MacT.  Eakins needs to go as well though... the Oilers don't play team defence and that's on him.  Taylor Hall puts up the points now but is also a giveaway machine and Eakins has not been able to get him to backcheck, he's part of the problem.  The whole organization is messed up.

Ed Anger

I've given up on the Bluejackets. Totally hopeless.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive