News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Didn't Chicago just kick the crap out of the Jets on Saturday?  Expect more of the same. 

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on November 06, 2013, 01:36:51 PM
Didn't Chicago just kick the crap out of the Jets on Saturday?  Expect more of the same.

Yes.  Jets started out really strong, looked really good.  Then early in the 2nd they let in two soft goals and then completely fell apart.

Obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome tonight.  They did switch to their backup goalie on Monday, Big Al Montoya, who looked good, and is getting the start again tonight.  Maybe that makes the difference.

My post was more a comment on how fucking rare it is for the Jets to get on prime time national tv.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Oh, and it's also a taunt to see if I can get CCR to post.

Grey Fox

It must be weird to live in a world where you can't always watch your team's game on TV.

Luckily, all 82 of the Habs game are televised nationaly.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

With baseball season done, I'm paying more attention to hockey.  I still have not been to a Blue Jackets game.  Looking at taking Tommy up to one in the next couple of weeks.  Tickets are still cheap :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2013, 01:55:47 PM
With baseball season done, I'm paying more attention to hockey.  I still have not been to a Blue Jackets game.  Looking at taking Tommy up to one in the next couple of weeks.  Tickets are still cheap :)

:ultra:

I'd love to take Timmy, but the tickets here are anything but cheap.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

Looks like for the next few home games I can get them around $15-$20 each for the upper level.  Goes up pretty steeply for lower seats.  Or I could do that Tim Hortons deal where you pay $30 per seat and get a $10 food voucher, hat, and coupon for free Timbits :D

For shits & giggles I looked at stubhub prices for Jets games.  Ho-Lee-Fuk!  Tickets *start* at $130-$199-- do people really pay that much??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2013, 02:17:16 PM

Looks like for the next few home games I can get them around $15-$20 each for the upper level.  Goes up pretty steeply for lower seats.  Or I could do that Tim Hortons deal where you pay $30 per seat and get a $10 food voucher, hat, and coupon for free Timbits :D

For shits & giggles I looked at stubhub prices for Jets games.  Ho-Lee-Fuk!  Tickets *start* at $130-$199-- do people really pay that much??

$15-$20 for a ticket :ultra:

For Jets, stubhub does seem wildly inflated.  Instead what you can do is go through the Jets website and buy tickets from season ticket holder through seat exchange.  If I wanted to go to Friday's game against Nashville it would cost me $57-$94 - but only tix available are upper bowl.  Lower bowl would be more.

Edit: ah - found lower bowl.  Going for $140-$190 per ticket.

Ed Anger

Plus, Nationwide arena doesn't smell like stale Canadians.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2013, 02:17:16 PM

Now look for Toronto games.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2013, 02:22:42 PM
$15-$20 for a ticket :ultra:

For Jets, stubhub does seem wildly inflated.  Instead what you can do is go through the Jets website and buy tickets from season ticket holder through seat exchange.  If I wanted to go to Friday's game against Nashville it would cost me $57-$94 - but only tix available are upper bowl.  Lower bowl would be more.

Edit: ah - found lower bowl.  Going for $140-$190 per ticket.

Lulz.  With fees that $57 ticket would actually cost me $76 per seat.

viper37

hey.  It usually costs less for our group to drive up to Ottawa to see a game than see the Habs lose in all their glory.
I figure driving to Tampa Bay wouldn't cost much more than a trip to Montreal either.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2013, 03:12:27 PM

hey.  It usually costs less for our group to drive up to Ottawa to see a game than see the Habs lose in all their glory.
I figure driving to Tampa Bay wouldn't cost much more than a trip to Montreal either.

Supposedly, it can be cheaper to fly to, say, Phoenix to see the Jets, than to see them in Winnipeg, even with the cost of the airfare.

viper37

If the Nordiques ever get back, I'll try to form a group to buy season tickets.  10 people, 4 games each, probably gonna be reasonable.
So long as they don't have Celine Dion or Arianne Moffat to sing the National anthems every game, I'll be allright.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2013, 03:13:56 PM
Supposedly, it can be cheaper to fly to, say, Phoenix to see the Jets, than to see them in Winnipeg, even with the cost of the airfare.
I don't even doubt it.  But Phoenix does not sound like an attractive place to visit.  One day, I'll visit California and see the Ducks or the Kings live, hopefully, in one of their good years.