Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2013, 01:43:09 PM
Anyone want to talk realignment?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416887

Meh.  I'm torn.  I'm not surprised about Detroit moving to the east (they've been talking about it for years now), but I'll miss them -- they're the team that I Love To Hate.  And besides, it's bullshit that the Blackhawks have put up with awesome Detroit teams for like two decades, and now that Detroit is finally going into The Shitter & having to Rebuild they're getting pulled away before the Hawks can give them their Comeuppance.  Fucking squid licking squid lickers...

:ccr

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 27, 2013, 04:05:39 PM

Meh.  I'm torn.  I'm not surprised about Detroit moving to the east (they've been talking about it for years now), but I'll miss them -- they're the team that I Love To Hate.  And besides, it's bullshit that the Blackhawks have put up with awesome Detroit teams for like two decades, and now that Detroit is finally going into The Shitter & having to Rebuild they're getting pulled away before the Hawks can give them their Comeuppance.  Fucking squid licking squid lickers...

:ccr

But surely its more than made up for by having the Winnipeg Jets come to town? :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2013, 04:35:12 PM
But surely its more than made up for by having the Winnipeg Jets come to town? :)

LOL, that was Thought #2:  listening to BB ramble on ad nauseum about Jets vs. Blackhawks 4 to 6 times a year will be sooooo entertaining... :p

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2013, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2013, 02:34:46 PM
I'm sure Buffalo doesn't want to let Toronto go either.

Central for the Habs division is a stupid name. Call it North damn it or the Orr.

Gretzky Division
Roy Division
Orr Division
Lemieux Division

Wrong, it's:

Smythe
Norris
Patrick
Adams

Naming divisions for people who are still alive, and some of whom are still involved in the NHL (or are rumoured to be) seems odd. 

And Howe>Roy.  Hell I can think of a dozen people to put before Roy.  He gets ranked #22 in a ranking of the best hockey players of all time.

Even the Midwest division seems odd.  Only three of the teams (chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis) are in what would normally be considered the mid-west.

You can't name it the Howe division if Detroit is in the Orr.

Who? It can't be a Jets player, that history is in Phoenix.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Wow, the Leafs sure are good at getting their asses beat.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on February 27, 2013, 10:05:08 PM
Wow, the Leafs sure are good at getting their asses beat.
still 2 to 1 :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Now's the time when the wheat seperates itself from the chaff, and the Leafs put themselves in position to either not make the playoffs or get eliminated in the first round by the Southeast Division winner.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Make the playoffs? The Leafs? Pah...maybe when BB's on his fourth kid.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on February 27, 2013, 10:54:37 PM
they'll do well enough not get a good draft pick but not make the playoffs. it's the toronto way.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

I think the Laffs are making the playoffs this year. Same for Ottawa. The NorthEast is sending 4 teams this year.

Valmy

It was sort of nice of the Caps to deliver a bitchslap of reality to all their fans who still had hope last night.  Best to do it before delusions of adequacy are too far entrenched.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

No room for an expansion in the East, or moving teams from the West to the East.  Columbus and Detroit sure want to play in the East.

Now, what this means?  The Coyotes are staying in Pheonix and there's no Nordiques for the foreseeable feature.  It also means I might meat Katmai for a hockey game in Seattle before we all die of old age.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Second Toronto team is going to be in the West. Watch.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on February 27, 2013, 10:54:37 PM

:ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011