Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Less NBA, Mo' NHL please.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 06, 2013, 08:25:44 AM
Lock-out appears to be over.
Really?  I hardly noticed there was a lock-out...  :whistle:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

I've been reading some fairly optimistic peices that are saying under the old CBA the Jets were profitable, but only if they were disciplined when it came to salary and never spent to the cap.  But that with 50/50 split, the Jets can and should be able to spend right up to the cap together with all the other heavy hitters of the league. :shifty:

I can't wait for the puck to drop.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2013, 02:48:31 PM
I can't wait for the puck to drop.   :cool:

I just hope the Caps can successfully retrieve Ovechkin from the Gulag Archipelago in time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

C.C.R.

Yay!

I've kind of been "meh" since the Hawks won The Cup a few years ago & then promptly ditched literally half the team, but for the past couple of weeks now I've been Ready...

:ccr

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 08, 2013, 09:28:37 AM
Yay!

I've kind of been "meh" since the Hawks won The Cup a few years ago & then promptly ditched literally half the team, but for the past couple of weeks now I've been Ready...

Don't worry, we've been taking good care of Ladd and Byfuglien for you. :hug:

derspiess

Tommy is excited.  Hockey is still his favorite sport to watch on TV.  Need to check out the Blue Jackets schedule to scout out which games might have cheap tickets available.  Funny how I can sometimes go to an NHL game cheaper than an ECHL game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on January 08, 2013, 10:56:17 AM
Tommy is excited.  Hockey is still his favorite sport to watch on TV.  Need to check out the Blue Jackets schedule to scout out which games might have cheap tickets available.  Funny how I can sometimes go to an NHL game cheaper than an ECHL game.

Yes, funny how that works out. <_<

As for which BJ games have cheap tickets available, I believe the answer is "all of them".

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 08, 2013, 10:56:17 AM

I liked how I could have attended the Orange Bowl this year for less than half of the cost of attending a local High School football game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 11:01:04 AM
As for which BJ games have cheap tickets available, I believe the answer is "all of them".

Well I'm talking dirt-cheap.  They're already a lot less than NFL, NCAA football/basketball and some MLB tickets, but "next to nothing" is what I'm looking for.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Yay!

Yeah?  I found the Kings to be really exciting last year.  Especially after they beat the Cowardly Canucks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Hey Viper - Jamison is *still* trying to find investors to purchase the Coyotes.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/report-jamison-still-seeking-financing-to-purchase-coyotes/

I'm telling you man - don't worry.  You've got this in the bag - eventually.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 10:33:47 AM
Yay!

LOL.  They're both pretty good Role Players...

Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 11:16:29 AM
Yeah?  I found the Kings to be really exciting last year.  Especially after they beat the Cowardly Canucks.

I think that I just OD'd on hockey that year.  Out of the 80 or whatever regular season games that year I watched at least part of more than 70 of them, plus every second of the playoffs.  That's a tough pace to maintain with a full time job, two weiner kids & a fair-to-middlin' drinking habit...

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 08, 2013, 12:20:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 10:33:47 AM

LOL.  They're both pretty good Role Players...

I wouldn't say that.  Role Players are your 3rd line guys - Ladd is good enough to be on anyone's top line.  Now neither of them are league superstars to be sure, but easily both are first line (or first pairing) material.

How's Johnny Oduya working out for you guys?  ;)

And yeah - I wonder how many of the 48 games I'll be able to squeeze in now that I've doubled the number of children around here... :unsure:

Grey Fox

Get them to bed earlier!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.