News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

the update has been done.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

You know, those plucky Kings are plucky.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Up 2-0 and going home, these Kings must like how the series is playing out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

If the Kings win the Stanley Cup I'm going to be royally pissed. LOL GET IT?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

You know what I hate the most in the Stanley Cup Playoff? It takes too much time that by the final I don't care about it. I just want this to end so we can start talking about the Draft.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

This might be the easiest Cup win evah. Kings have played 16 games and are 2 wins away.  :huh:

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 03, 2012, 03:04:18 PM
You know what I hate the most in the Stanley Cup Playoff? It takes too much time that by the final I don't care about it. I just want this to end so we can start talking about the Draft.
Especially since they're drawn the Final out to get as many Saturday games as they can.  Compared to the earlier rounds, where there's a game (or two) every night, the Final just seems to drag.

Still, I've really enjoyed the Kings games.  They've played strong defence, but they've also been exciting with the puck, and they don't really have a boring line that just ties up in the corner.  They're always trying to score.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Only the delusional think the Devils will get swept.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

It's certainly a possibility.  The Blues were a better team than the Devils, and they were swept.

Valmy

I am not even sure what to think about the Kings.  I mean they are the 8th seed but this is no cinderella run they are just destroying everybody.  How can this be possible?  How were they not the #1 seed if they are just good?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2012, 07:53:46 AM
I am not even sure what to think about the Kings.  I mean they are the 8th seed but this is no cinderella run they are just destroying everybody.  How can this be possible?  How were they not the #1 seed if they are just good?

Because Brent Sutter is bullying that team into a steady effort. Something Terry Murray couldn't do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 03, 2012, 03:04:18 PM

100 per cent agree. I stopped watching after Round one to be honest.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Which is my problem with the whole regular season/playoff season. The eight month regular season is just exhibition season for the playoffs and mean absolutely nothing. There's no point in watching or following the regular season.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

they changed after the end of the exchange period.  In the last straight toward the series, they started winning most of their games.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.