And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2012, 04:18:51 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 02, 2012, 10:56:35 AM
Since it will be the Seattle Coyotes being in pacific will be just fine.

That'd be funny.

Not as funny as if Seattle had gotten a team instead of Winnipeg, but still funny.

I do like the Nordiques, so I hope Quebec gets a team.

There'll be parties in the streets if Quebec City gets a team - not so in Seattle (though I think Seattle would be a fine market - long history of supporting junior hockey).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Seattle is only getting a team if the NBA sends a franchise there & that seems unlikely.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2012, 08:35:35 PM
Seattle is only getting a team if the NBA sends a franchise there & that seems unlikely.

not as unlikely as you think. Groups pursuing both the Kings who will be leaving Sacramento if the team and city don't finalize new arena deal, and also after the New Orleans Hornets (owned by NBA..sound familiar eh Coyotes fans)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

So tonight Jets are in Miami, with nothing to play for save pride.  The Panthers, on the other hand, guarantee a playoff spot with a win tonight.

Jets give up an early 3-0 deficit, come back to take the lead 4-3, give up a late goal to send it into overtime, but Andrew Ladd with the OT winner.

:punk:

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Kat - the difference with the Hornets is NBA guilt over Hurricane Katrina.

Valdemar

Didn't Seattle already have the Super Sonics at some point?

I was in Vancouver when they got their NBA.. even saw a game against Lakers.... :D

V

Valmy

Huge game tommorow night.  It all comes  down to this folks (well unless the Caps lose then it all comes down to Saturday against the Rangers).
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

POsted more for Viper's benefit, but here's the video from last night's City of Glendale council meeting.

http://glendale-az.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=1507

Skip ahead to about 3:19 when Mayor Scruggs just looses it about how the City has been screwed around by the NHL.  Whether or not they were screwed is up for debate, but it sure sounds to me like they are throwing in the towel on the Coyotes.

katmai

Yes Beeb I know all about not wanting to yank team from big easy. But nba would like to sell team.

katmai

Quote from: Valdemar on April 04, 2012, 06:17:19 AM
Didn't Seattle already have the Super Sonics at some point?

I was in Vancouver when they got their NBA.. even saw a game against Lakers.... :D

V
Yep and then dumbass owner of team and Starbucks sold them to group of business men who had no intention of keeping team in Seattle so moved them to their hometown of Oklahoma city.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 09:42:17 AM
Yep and then dumbass owner of team and Starbucks sold them to group of business men who had no intention of keeping team in Seattle so moved them to their hometown of Oklahoma city.

And right after they drafted Kevin Durant to.  But stealing other people's stuff is what Okies do best.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

The world needs the Nordiques back.  They were a fun team with a great uniform and logo.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Pfft teams need to be getting out of Canada if they know what is good for them.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:18:58 AM
The opposite seems true.  Teams are coming back, due to American disinterest and poverty.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 04, 2012, 10:17:49 AM
The world needs the Nordiques back.  They were a fun team with a great uniform and logo.

I always thought their logo was terrible.  Uniform itself was nice though.

Seriously - after watching Mayor Scruggs I am utterly convinced the Coyotes are done after this season.  And since Quebec City seems to be far ahead of Seattle in building a new arena...

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:18:58 AM

What a bunch of nonsense.  Selling Canadians Hockey is like selling fried chicken to southerners.  You go where the market is.