Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on March 29, 2012, 03:02:24 PM
I wore my Winnipeg Jets tie to docket court and nobody noticed. :(

Well one person noticed!

I picked my son up from his day home (I leave before he gets up).  After he yells 'daddy!' and gives me a hug, he looks at my tie.

He says "copeeko"' which is his interchangeable word for hockey in general or the Winnipeg Jets. Then he goes "nice copeeko" and gently stroke my tie! :wub:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on March 29, 2012, 04:29:17 PM
Maybe they noticed but felt embarrassed for you and so they decided not to mention anything.
Why would they be embarrassed for him?  It's not like he's wearing Canucks gear, which is the same thing as saying 'I am a criminal and a hooligan.  Please arrest me before I riot again.'
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Jets win!

And remarkably, they are not mathematicall eliminated yet.

They need to win their next four, and Washington needs to lose every one of their remaining games (plus Buffalo can only win one of their remaining games).

So there's still a chance... :shifty:

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2012, 10:34:46 PM
Jets win!

They need to win their next four, and Washington needs to lose every one of their remaining games (plus Buffalo can only win one of their remaining games).

I find your plethora of faith... disturbing!

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on March 30, 2012, 11:09:28 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2012, 10:34:46 PM
Jets win!

I find your plethora of faith... disturbing!

:lol:

Barrister

Mathematically eliminated. :(

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on April 01, 2012, 01:34:28 AM

My Sharks are not faring much better.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: katmai on April 01, 2012, 01:38:08 AM

#8 by 1 pts.  Hopefully, they make it :)

Sorry, BB, maybe next year will be yours :)
If the Coyotes move to Quebec, maybe they'll switch the Jets and Coyotoes from their respective divisions :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2012, 11:59:50 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 01, 2012, 01:38:08 AM

#8 by 1 pts.  Hopefully, they make it :)

Sorry, BB, maybe next year will be yours :)
If the Coyotes move to Quebec, maybe they'll switch the Jets and Coyotoes from their respective divisions :)

Honestly the Jets would be better off continuin to play in the Southeast than to suddenly start playing in the Pacific.  The SEis only one hour earlier, while the pacific is 2 hours later (and none of the teams are all that close to one another).

Zoupa

Daly thanked the Phoenix fans for everything. Seems like we're getting another team in Qc for september.

Which would be great news for Mtl, and might have been an underlying reason behind Gauthier and Gainey's firing and bringing big Serge in the fold again.

Expect a lot more drafting of quebecers by the Canadiens, and not 4th line pluggers anymore. I can see them dealing for Huberdeau down in Florida, bringing Lapierre back from Vancouver too.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on April 01, 2012, 12:36:30 PM
Daly thanked the Phoenix fans for everything. Seems like we're getting another team in Qc for september.

Which would be great news for Mtl, and might have been an underlying reason behind Gauthier and Gainey's firing and bringing big Serge in the fold again.

Expect a lot more drafting of quebecers by the Canadiens, and not 4th line pluggers anymore. I can see them dealing for Huberdeau down in Florida, bringing Lapierre back from Vancouver too.

What's the story about Daly?  I do agree that all signs are pointing to a returnof the Nords.

"a lot more drafting of Quebecers" - I'd love to see it, becauseif you're drafting for geography/language you're not drafting for talent.  :menace:  The Jets have shown an interest in trying to bring in Manitoba and surrounding area players, but aren't exactly 'paying any price' to do so.

Zoupa

You're drafting for heart. In 93, half the team was pepper.

Something special happens to quebecers when they put on that jersey, especially in the playoffs. You can see it too in players born elsewhere, like with Kovalev in 2008 or Cammalleri in 2010, but the fact remains qcers have that extra gear in the playoffs for the habs.

Ed Anger

I'll be able to enjoy Chara putting froggies into that pole in the next few years.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Chara is a slovak that broke the neck of an american. Zombie Davout is: disappointed.  :glare: