News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

guys, it's summer, dammit!  stop talking about hockey.
this is a time for camp fires, bbq with good Australian wine, CFL football, but not hockey.  Do you see any snow outside?  No?  Then leave hockey where it is, and start again comme october ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on July 18, 2011, 10:50:48 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2011, 10:37:56 AM
Those uniforms are different & that's all that counts.

Uh, no.

What counts is that a uniform looks good, and that people want to buy the jerseys.  Thinking that looking "different" was all that mattered leads to this:

:lol: I, sadly, see your point.

It also leads to the fishsticks.

@Viper, when we talk about the CFL the americans cry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2011, 11:03:09 AM
@Viper, when we talk about the CFL the americans cry.

That just means you should talk more about it.  Come on now this is Languish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on July 18, 2011, 10:53:43 AM
guys, it's summer, dammit!  stop talking about hockey.
this is a time for camp fires, bbq with good Australian wine, CFL football, but not hockey.  Do you see any snow outside?  No?  Then leave hockey where it is, and start again comme october ;)

Not this summer.

This summer it's all Jets, all the time.   :cool:

Just be glad I haven't posted about every single Jets signing that has happened.    :)

But I will post a couple of additional details.  Apparently they have tweaked the schedule to move  Jets-Penguins game from a Saturday to a Sunday, so that it can be shown on CBC's Hockey Day in Canada in February.

Also CBC related, in the spring they announced Conception Bay Newfoundland won the Hockeyville competition, which meant CB (15 minutes from St. John's) would host a NHL pre-season game between the Ottawa Senators and the Atlanta Thrashers.

Well, since it was announced the Atlanta Thashers became the Winnipeg Jets, AND St. John's became the new hom to the Jet's AHL affiliate.  What was once a minorly interesting pre-season game has now become a coming out party for the new St. John's team.  :punk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Barrister

More news!

Winnipeg Free Press reports that TSN, not Sportsnet, gets the regional rights to Jets games.  And not that you guys care, but 1290 Sports, not CJOB 680, gets the radio rights.  (but my cousin, who does play by play for the local baseball team on 1290, certainly does...)

And:

Barrister

Goddammit that looks awesome. :punk:

Jacob

It's a pretty sweet jersey :cheers:

Barrister

Pretty sure that's just a t-shirt or the like, not the full jersey.

But I think that logo is instantly in the top 5 for the NHL if you like clean and simple designs.  It's right up there with Calgary, Montreal or Detroit.

Jacob

Ah... so we don't even know if that's the official logo? It could just be someone trying to make some quick cash with their own logo?

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 22, 2011, 12:43:21 PM
It's right up there with Calgary, Montreal or Detroit.

And right below the Caps.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

They stole  the leafs logo and put a jet on it :p
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Jets org. has announced they will unveiled the logo today at 4pm CT. About 15min from now.

Grey Fox

BB was right. I like the shoulder logo.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son