News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'm somewhat hopeful, game 5 in Vancouver was close to the end, B's only need one good break to win.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I can't see how anyone but Thomas wins the Conn Smythe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2011, 06:38:13 AM
I can't see how anyone but Thomas wins the Conn Smythe.

I agree. I think he's pulling a Giguere & still wins it even if Vancouver wins the cup.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Oh Canucks....

Crazy crowds downtown yesterday. I expect a riot if Vancouver loses game 7. Though, I'm sure the cops do too so they may be able to head it off.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2011, 09:45:26 AM
Oh Canucks....

Crazy crowds downtown yesterday. I expect a riot if Vancouver loses game 7. Though, I'm sure the cops do too so they may be able to head it off.

Oh god, I remember the coverage when the Rangers beat 'em. GO BRUINS!

Daddy needs riots on TV....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Oh Canucks....

I expect that there'll be a riot either way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2011, 09:55:17 AM
Oh Canucks....

I expect that there'll be a riot either way.

:yes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2011, 09:57:03 AM
BURN HONGCOUVER, BURN

I guess Vancouver riots slightly more sedately than you're used to. I wouldn't expect anyone to set anything on fire, just some brawling, some windows smashing and some looting with a more or less appropriate police response.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2011, 10:05:34 AM
BURN HONGCOUVER, BURN

I guess Vancouver riots slightly more sedately than you're used to. I wouldn't expect anyone to set anything on fire, just some brawling, some windows smashing and some looting with a more or less appropriate police response.

Stop buzzkilling my desire for blood.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2011, 10:09:14 AMStop buzzkilling my desire for blood.

I just want you to avoid getting all worked up in anticipation, only to be disappointed. It's bad for the heart at your age.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2011, 10:18:04 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2011, 10:09:14 AMStop buzzkilling my desire for blood.

I just want you to avoid getting all worked up in anticipation, only to be disappointed. It's bad for the heart at your age.

I'm on Lisinopril, I'll be fine.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2011, 10:05:34 AM
BURN HONGCOUVER, BURN
Just spread a rumour that the G8 is attending Game 7.  That'll drive you guys into a killing frenzy.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on June 13, 2011, 09:38:59 PM
Well, this game is out of reach.  Expect the Canucks to start gooning it up.

Given how Boston has played this series and this game in particular your post is more untethered to reality than usual.

Neil

My post reflects reality just fine.

That said, it was super funny watching Marchand leisurely punching a Sedin in the face while he made no effort to defend himself.  I think those boys might be retarded or something.