News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

And so is all this talk about Maholtra just a smokescreen to cover the rest of the team from the media?  They're not seriously going to let him play are they?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Buddha, I think they are using the normal 2-2-1-1-1 format for this series.  The other option would be a 2-3-2 format.  Nobody would use the format you set out because the away team would be getting four games.

BB, like I told you in the thread you should be posting your Jet Fanboism posts - I have not yet been shown to be wrong.

BuddhaRhubarb

Why not? if he's cleared to play. If he's ready. we need him.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 12:30:40 PM
Buddha, I think they are using the normal 2-2-1-1-1 format for this series.  The other option would be a 2-3-2 format.  Nobody would use the format you set out because the away team would be getting four games.

BB, like I told you in the thread you should be posting your Jet Fanboism posts - I have not yet been shown to be wrong.

ahh they are going 2-2-1-1-1 much better (teach me to use the first google link I found.) :p
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 12:29:19 PM
And so is all this talk about Maholtra just a smokescreen to cover the rest of the team from the media? 

Probably and a brilliant move at that.  It sure reduced the media spotlight on the rest of the team.

Also, it forced Boston to plan for what they might do if he does actually play rather than focusing their time on more fruitful things.

The media is now reporting he will not be playing in game one.

crazy canuck

Prices for tickets are crazy.  Reserving the chance to buy a game 7 ticket will cost you 7,500.  Ticket brokers are about to recover the losses they suffered during the olympics...

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 12:30:40 PM

That's the same reasoning the crazy old man carrying a sign saying "The End Is Near" uses. :wacko:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 12:39:34 PM
That's the same reasoning the crazy old man carrying a sign saying "The End Is Near" uses. :wacko:

Ironic post given your almost religious zeal and faith that the Jets will ultimately be a  successful hockey franchise.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 12:47:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 12:39:34 PM

Ironic post given your almost religious zeal and faith that the Jets will ultimately be a  successful hockey franchise.

I was always a Jets fan, but I didn't always believe.

But a few years ago when I saw some projections of the numbers, when I saw who was involved, when I learned what the plan was - then I knew it would happen.

I kept the title "I believe" for a year now - ever since we almost got the Coyotes in 2010.  But it was perhaps the wrong word, for it wasn't blind faith.  I knew it would work,, and that the NHL would have to turn to us eventually.

Valmy

CC has moved on BB.  He is now saying your team will always suck and will eventually fail.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2011, 01:02:42 PM
CC has moved on BB.  He is now saying your team will always suck and will eventually fail.

There will only be one Vancouver-Manitoba game next year, but you know it'll be a good one on Languish.   :menace:

crazy canuck

He is now saying your team will always suck and will eventually fail.

If you can find my first post responding to BB's fanboism I am pretty sure that is exactly what I said then as well.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 01:04:23 PM

There will only be one Vancouver-Manitoba game next year, but you know it'll be a good one on Languish.   :menace:

And this time it wont be in training camp when the farm team players try to make it to the big league.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:06:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 01:04:23 PM

And this time it wont be in training camp when the farm team players try to make it to the big league.

If that was a shot, it's a rather poor one.   :huh:  Of course Manitoba used to be Vancouver's farm team - but not anymore.

Have you heard anything about what vancouver is going to do?  I understand the Moose will be Manitoba's new farm team, perhaps playing out of St. John's.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 01:15:11 PM
Have you heard anything about what vancouver is going to do?  I understand the Moose will be Manitoba's new farm team, perhaps playing out of St. John's.

We are too busy worrying about winning the Cup to think about such things.  Like all other sane hockey fans we understand what should be discussed in the off season and what should be discussed 6 hours before the puck is dropped in game 1 of the final.