NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2016, 10:55:44 AM
Will it be cold enough?

If they can have an outdoor game in Los Angeles, or even 25 years ago in Las Vegas, they'll have no problem making ice in Winnipeg in October.  We might miss out on the ambience of having falling snow, but I'll take it to avoid sitting in 20 below in December or November.

Apparently the one and only risk is rain - if there's a steady rain they won't be able to play the games.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Yeah, there is no technical difficulties but ambiance is important.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Long-term forecast for Winnipeg for next Wednesday says a high of +8.  Sounds pretty good to me.  Cold enough you need to bundle up a bit, but not so cold you're uncomfortable.  Pretty much the same temperature as sitting rinkside at my kids hockey games. :)

Barrister

Ah hockey, how I've missed thee.

Jets season opener tonight.  They score the opening goal, but soon fall behind 4-1.

But in the third period they score three unanswered goals, and finish the Hurricanes off in OT. :yeah:

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 10:47:53 AM
So Auston Matthews scores 4 goals for the Maple Leafs last night... and the Leafs still lose. :D

But on to more important news: It's the Season opener for YOUR Winnipeg Jets tonight.  And only 9 days away from me being in Winnipeg to see my first home Jets game in 20 years - and my first ever outdoor NHL game. :cool:
good game! :)   

Edit: ah, time flies :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

So sorry Leafs fans (are their any besides HVC?)  Jets vs Leafs, Jets give up a 4 goal lead, only to take it to OT and a win, with Patrik Laine scoring a hattrick and pulling even with Matthews in goals for the season.

:punk:

So excited to go to Winnipeg on Friday for the Heritage Classic. :punk:

HVC

Josephus is the only other one I think.   Although my fandom has waned didn't watch a single game last year.

Also, the Toronto market is retarded. They're already calling the team Matthews leafs ( or a variation thereof)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on October 20, 2016, 12:04:57 AM
Josephus is the only other one I think.   Although my fandom has waned didn't watch a single game last year.

Also, the Toronto market is retarded. They're already calling the team Matthews leafs ( or a variation thereof)

Well don't get me wrong - Matthews is a very good hockey player.  It's just nice that the Jets beat him and the Leafs (and the cocky fans chanting "Laine's better!" was a nice touch).

But excited to see the Heritage Classic on Sunday against Edmonton.  I think I went on record as saying "Connor McDavid is pretty good at hockey".  It should be a fun couple of games, and always nice to visit your home town.

Valmy

Well that was a heck of a game last night. Just saying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2016, 07:00:13 AM

I fucking hate the Capitals.  Just saying.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 02, 2016, 09:32:02 AM

After they have so kindly rolled over in the playoffs for so many years? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2016, 09:39:16 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 02, 2016, 09:32:02 AM

After they have so kindly rolled over in the playoffs for so many years? :(

Caps have always just seemed to have the Jets number.  Way back in their first or second season, when they played in the same division as the Caps, right at the end of the season the Jets were pushing hard for the playoffs - then got steamrolled by the Caps in two back to back games and lost out on the playoffs.

And then last night - after falling behind 2-0, then storming back to tie it up... then lose with 30 seconds remaining off a weak goal?  Heartbreaking.

Valmy

True. The Caps are regular season assassins.

katmai

Vegas Golden Knights

Thoughts?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son