News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Ok I guess nobody else is watching this game on Languish. Well enough talking to myself. See you guys tomorrow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

Habs had 40 shots and could only get 1 goal. Lightning played like shit and got 3.

I don't think mtl can play any better than they did in game 2, so...

Canadian drought extended to 29 years I guess.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on July 01, 2021, 01:28:23 AM
Habs had 40 shots and could only get 1 goal. Lightning played like shit and got 3.

I don't think mtl can play any better than they did in game 2, so...

Canadian drought extended to 29 years I guess.

Probably. That goal right at the end of the 2nd period was devastating.

BUT the Habs just have to get one in Tampa. They still have two chances to do that.

First though they have to win all the games in Canada and while that is unlikely it is still possible.

We just have to hope whatever weird séance they did to transfer the forum spirits into the Bell Centre worked. :P

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 08:45:01 PM
Ok I guess nobody else is watching this game on Languish. Well enough talking to myself. See you guys tomorrow.
Sorry, I was working yesterday night, couldn't watch the game.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on July 01, 2021, 10:40:44 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2021, 08:45:01 PM
Sorry, I was working yesterday night, couldn't watch the game.

No worries. I was just posting in case somebody else was watching the game with Languish open.

Valmy

This is the most important game since Game 2. I kind of feel like Tampa sort of threw game four just because they wanted to win it at  home.

But hey if Montreal can somehow magically get this thing back to Canada we might have something resembling a competitive series again.

Barrister

I really want Montreal to win this game, only to lose game 6 at home.

The Boos the Montreal fans give Bettman when he hands over the cup would be epic.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 07, 2021, 09:13:04 PM
I really want Montreal to win this game, only to lose game 6 at home.

The Boos the Montreal fans give Bettman when he hands over the cup would be epic.

Well instead the Lightning are now back to back champions.

Ah well.

Barrister

Zoupa

Can't win if you don't score. The Lightning was the better team in every aspect so they would have won the series in any case, but I just want to take a final dump on NHL referees. We get that Bettman and co want to make the game popular in the southern US, but can we get just a semblance of professionalism next time please?

The Vegas series officials were clearly biased. It was slightly better for the final but come on. We were never going to win the series, but a call going our way once in a while would have been nice.

Rant over.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on July 08, 2021, 01:23:28 AM
Can't win if you don't score. The Lightning was the better team in every aspect so they would have won the series in any case, but I just want to take a final dump on NHL referees. We get that Bettman and co want to make the game popular in the southern US, but can we get just a semblance of professionalism next time please?

The Vegas series officials were clearly biased. It was slightly better for the final but come on. We were never going to win the series, but a call going our way once in a while would have been nice.

Rant over.

I would have thought that a complaint about Tampa's obvious salary cap circumvention would be better received rather than a tired old complaint about the refs being agin' ya.

But you do you Zoupa. :hug:

Zoupa

Might be tired but it's true! I think. It's hard to be impartial but still... How did Anderson not get a call or a penalty shot for that breakaway where he crashed into the goal?

And apparently the Habs were also above the cap during the playoffs so I can't bitch too much about that can I  :P

viper37

Full list of players available for the expansion draft

Will we see Carey Price next putting on the Kraken's jersey?  Stay tuned!   ;)

If Seattle picks him despite his hefty contract, Bergevin will look like a fool.
But if they don't, it'll look like no team wants of him, even free.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.