News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2018, 09:11:40 PM
Jusr saw it's up to 6-4 for Boston in the 3rd.  Sorry Leafs fans.

Good night, sweet prince.

Josephus

I watched the Leaf game on TV yesterday, at least until the Toronto FC game started, which means I watched the first two periods. And the Leafs were up 4-3.
At halftime of the soccer game, I flipped back to the Leafs and saw the Bruins celebrating.  :(

So I finished off the TFC game. At least they won. No even though they won, they lost. It's a soccer thing.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Who will stop this Vegas train?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

San Jose will....in game 2. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

9 hours till puck drop in Round 2. :(

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2018, 08:57:27 PM
Sorry Valmy. :console:

How perfectly did that 3rd period reflect the entire history of this matchup?

'The first two goals in that five minute span were bold, brilliant. The third was astounding.'

Believe me, I noticed the Pen fan smiling at Ovie right after he scored that second goal like 'we know we are winning, this is cute Caps.' I was intensely furious in the moment to  :lol:

I hate them all so very very much  :mad: Pen fan fuckers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

So remember how the narrative at the start of the playoffs was that the Thrashers/Jets franchise had never won a playoff game in it's entire existence - that the two times they made the playoffs they were swept?

Now I'm seeing a similar narrative.  In Winnipeg NHL history (so combining 1.0 and 2.0) the franchise made it to the second round only twice - and each time they were swept.  Therefore the Winnipeg NHL Jets have never won a second round playoff game.

We shall see if that particular record can be broken tonight...

Valmy

They got the Preds twice during the regular season. They should have no problem getting at least one win.

But hopefully they do a bit better than just that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Barrister

Classic jets jersey: on.
30 minutes to puck drop... :w00t:

Barrister

Holy shit - Preds are definitely out-playing the Jets, but the score after 2 periods is 3-0 Jets.  :unsure:

Barrister

Final score: 4-1 Jets

Final shots on net: 48-19 Preds

So that's what it's like when a goalie absolutely steals you a game.  Nice.  I like it.  :cool:

They sure as fuck better play better in game two though. :ph34r:

Valmy

WE SAW HISTORY IN THE MAKING.

Told you the Jets would cross that big barrier that only a few nerds were aware of.

Barrister

I gotta say - Mrs B has been super understanding about my obsessive need to watch Jets playoff hockey.

I think we let the boys stay up almost an hour past their bed time until the game was final.  I didn't want to say anything... but I also didn't want to miss that third period.

We've been married 11+ years.  We have disagreements like any married couple, but sometimes I feel grateful like "my wife really gets me! - and my need to watch the Winnipeg Jets" :wub: