News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Somebody is gonna get the 'jackets if the don't pull their heads out of their asses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 06:33:53 PM
In a bad way.  Watching the Canucks win is like watching the Nazis overrun Europe.

Well that was still a fairly engrossing event. And you get to cheer when the bad guys lose.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on February 21, 2012, 09:30:48 AM
Coyotes likely to stay in the desert:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2012/02/sale-to-keep-coyotes-in-arizona-close.html

I'm sure I could go all Groundhog Day on you and post articles with an identical title from the last three years, but surely at this point even you are posting that article for sheer comedy value.

I can't believe they're even still mentioning Reinsdorf as a possible owner. :lmfao:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

As of today, your Winnipeg Jets are leading the Southeast Division, and thus are in third place in the conference. :cool: :showoff:

Barrister

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2012, 09:36:11 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 21, 2012, 09:30:48 AM
Coyotes likely to stay in the desert:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/morning_call/2012/02/sale-to-keep-coyotes-in-arizona-close.html

I'm sure I could go all Groundhog Day on you and post articles with an identical title from the last three years, but surely at this point even you are posting that article for sheer comedy value.

I can't believe they're even still mentioning Reinsdorf as a possible owner. :lmfao:
I don't think I can count high enough for the numer of plans they had to keep the Coyotes there.  The NHL has put so much effort into keeping it there, it's insane.  It's like they're buying time for the team to move anywhere but in Quebec city.

On this particular deal, I just don't know how they plan to make it work, without city/state subsidies and without losing 25M$ every year.

Anyway, I take all the Coyotes news with a grain of salt until there's a signed deal to either keep them there or move them elsewhere.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2012, 12:58:10 AM
For posterity:

nice to see :)
4 games in hand toward the Panthers, wich are last of the conference and only 1pt difference though...  It's gonna be hard to make the playoff, but nowhere near as impossible :)
I like that :)

Barrister

Yeah, the games in hand are definitely the asterisk there.

But still - they've been on a roll, and have climbed up in the standings.  If they can keep this up then who knows what might happen.  Plus even if they don't win the SE division they're very much in the hunt for #8.

Barrister

I can't believe I am watching a Florida vs Carolina game...

Barrister

Mostly posted for CC, who is apparently a much bigger Rick Mercer fan than I am...

Rick Mercer hangs out with Chris Mason and the GST line of the Winnipeg Jets:

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/

Ed Anger

Nash wants a trade. He is finally fed up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Nice win last night at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.