And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age 2

Started by Scipio, March 07, 2011, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2011, 04:29:39 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2011, 12:59:13 PM
You avoid buying games from download services over an incident that happened once, was immediately reversed, and is unlikely to happen often, if ever again?  :huh:
Your being allowed to play the games you supposidely own is reliant on logging in to some internet service.
You need an internet connection with the boxed version.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on March 12, 2011, 04:19:48 PM
Replaying it on hard.  I am a completist, and I hate that I failed to get four of the achievements, including the Romance one.  WTF?
It's tough.  How did you defeat the High Dragon and his gazilions smallish dragons that destroyed your mine?

Btw, it's nice to know that dragons are extinct in this universe.  I can't imagine what it was when dragons where a common sight.  Fuck, with DA:O and this one, how many dragons did we face?  3-4 high dragons?  An hundred of the small ones?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2011, 01:15:52 PM
You avoid buying games from download services over an incident that happened once, was immediately reversed, and is unlikely to happen often, if ever again?  :huh:
Your being allowed to play the games you supposidely own is reliant on logging in to some internet service.

:yes:

Which is annoying. In my internet-less life in SF, it was pretty annoying to have to go out and download a crack just to use a game I'd purchased.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2011, 02:31:55 PM

Which is annoying. In my internet-less life in SF, it was pretty annoying to have to go out and download a crack just to use a game I'd purchased.

But it must stop pirates or they wouldn't bother with it, right?  :hmm:

Scipio

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2011, 01:17:30 PM
Quote from: Scipio on March 12, 2011, 04:19:48 PM
Replaying it on hard.  I am a completist, and I hate that I failed to get four of the achievements, including the Romance one.  WTF?
It's tough.  How did you defeat the High Dragon and his gazilions smallish dragons that destroyed your mine?

Btw, it's nice to know that dragons are extinct in this universe.  I can't imagine what it was when dragons where a common sight.  Fuck, with DA:O and this one, how many dragons did we face?  3-4 high dragons?  An hundred of the small ones?
High Dragon?  I switched difficulty to Casual for that fight.  :D
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

I agree.  My point was simply that there's not much difference between Steam&co and box versions of a game.  Both now requires an internet connection to start the game.  After that, you can play without it.

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on March 14, 2011, 06:18:58 PM
High Dragon?  I switched difficulty to Casual for that fight.  :D
cheater :P

garbon

Quote from: sbr on March 14, 2011, 06:15:49 PM

But it must stop pirates or they wouldn't bother with it, right?  :hmm:

I feel encouraged. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Ok, just finished it. Anybody else knife Anders at the end?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on March 15, 2011, 06:52:22 AM
Ok, just finished it. Anybody else knife Anders at the end?
No, I let him go.  Apparently, he'll come back for the final fight.

Scipio

I let him go, too.  What a dick move on his part, though.  I knew that fucker was trouble from the time he named his cat Ser Pounce-A-Lot.  Sooper ghey.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on March 15, 2011, 11:52:40 AM
I let him go, too.  What a dick move on his part, though.  I knew that fucker was trouble from the time he named his cat Ser Pounce-A-Lot.  Sooper ghey.
If you play Witch Hunt (wich isn't a great DLC in its own, though), there are a few fun references to Anders when you visit the Circle, one involving Ser Pounce a Lot :D

Legbiter

DA II was great in it's own way, trying to prevent the various factions from gnawing Kirkwall down to bone and gristle. But the only reason I sided with those fucking mages at the end was because of Bethany. So now I'm the Lincoln of mages?

Fuck you, I want mages to be kept under close watch by the templars in proper Circles to be trotted out for the occaisonal Qunari invasion/Blight.

Faeelin

So, does blood magic still rock?

Legbiter

Quote from: Faeelin on March 16, 2011, 05:50:17 PM
So, does blood magic still rock?

Yes.

Mages aren't quite the "I win" class they were in DA:O but not exactly nerfed.