News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age 2

Started by Scipio, March 07, 2011, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Finished.

Started a revolution with my gay lover and killed a lot of religious folk.  :cool:

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: viper37 on June 04, 2011, 02:37:20 PM
They just released a huge patch:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/300/index/7521358

Well, god damn.

GAMEPLAY
- In many fights, enemies now move less quickly at the start of combat. This slower initial pace makes tactical positioning more useful and important.

I might give this beast another chance.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Slargos

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 31, 2011, 02:41:58 AM
:lol:  I was avoiding this after the mediocre reviews, but the last few pages have piqued my interest again, and I may need to track ti down at some point.

:D

Me too.

viper37

Quote from: Slargos on June 06, 2011, 01:21:17 PM
:lol:  I was avoiding this after the mediocre reviews, but the last few pages have piqued my interest again, and I may need to track ti down at some point.

Me too.
because of the gay content? Wow!  You never know, hey.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Slargos

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2011, 03:21:22 PM

Me too.

garbon

Me too.

Umm...we've known for a long time. :ph34r:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2011, 11:46:32 PM

Me too.

Umm...we've known for a long time. :ph34r:

:Embarrass:

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on June 07, 2011, 01:11:56 AM
:Embarrass:

It's okay. I'd rather have you on my team than a Marti. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Slargos

Well. I've been playing it for a few days, and while it doesn't have the same good feel as the first, it's still an acceptable title. Feels a bit too linear though, and you weren't kidding about the lack of maps.

"Let's just close a door here and open another there, no one will notice it's the same map for the umpteenth time."

The one really big criticism I have thus far though is the behaviour of Anders (murdering an innocent mage right in front of you) where it just happens and isn't mentioned again. I would've figured at the time that it would at least give me the option to exorcise his demons and throw him off a cliff, but nothing. Almost a game-breaker.

Sure, I've been murdering my way through the kingdom and killed a lot of people who strictly were just simple footpads or con men, but most of the time they're striking first.

Not good.

Legbiter

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 09:07:58 AM

The one really big criticism I have thus far though is the behaviour of Anders (murdering an innocent mage right in front of you) where it just happens and isn't mentioned again. I would've figured at the time that it would at least give me the option to exorcise his demons and throw him off a cliff, but nothing. Almost a game-breaker.

Huh, my Hawke just talked him out of it. And trust me when I say that at a specific moment in the game you can be very sharp towards Anders for his actions..... :ph34r:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Slargos

Quote from: Legbiter on June 10, 2011, 10:14:00 AM

Huh, my Hawke just talked him out of it. And trust me when I say that at a specific moment in the game you can be very sharp towards Anders for his actions..... :ph34r:

I tried, but it didn't take. He stabbed her right through the heart. And then it's just not mentioned again. Even in the scene after where he's busy sorting stuff I was anticipating some consequence but not even a hint. Really bad writing on that one.

I hope I get to kill him. That action really didn't sit well with me.

Battle my way through a fucking dungeon, spend an hour with the very hairy battle with the Templars (must've gone through it 6 times before I finally started pausing every time an action was possible and detail-control all 4 characters - only battle I've had to do that in so far, on hard difficulty) and the fucker KILLS the bitch we were trying to save. UNACCEPTABLE.

The Brain

BFD. We had The Incident on Languish and no one ever talks about it, we just pretend it never happened.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 10:22:22 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 10, 2011, 10:14:00 AM

I tried, but it didn't take. He stabbed her right through the heart. And then it's just not mentioned again. Even in the scene after where he's busy sorting stuff I was anticipating some consequence but not even a hint. Really bad writing on that one.

I hope I get to kill him. That action really didn't sit well with me.

Battle my way through a fucking dungeon, spend an hour with the very hairy battle with the Templars (must've gone through it 6 times before I finally started pausing every time an action was possible and detail-control all 4 characters - only battle I've had to do that in so far, on hard difficulty) and the fucker KILLS the bitch we were trying to save. UNACCEPTABLE.

I talked him out of it. Then we fucked. You just don't do it right, it seems.