News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I don't know, I suspect a small grain of sand in my pocket.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

My Galaxy did something I thought was really cool last week.  It was around 5:30 pm and it buzzed (I have it set to buzz in a heartbeat pattern for notifications).  I picked it up and the screen showed me a traffic map and said something like "Your commute home will take an estimated 46 minutes due to heavy traffic on KY-155".

:wub:

Mind you I've never actually told my phone where I work or where I live.... I don't think. :hmm: :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2013, 11:17:02 AM
My Galaxy did something I thought was really cool last week.  It was around 5:30 pm and it buzzed (I have it set to buzz in a heartbeat pattern for notifications).  I picked it up and the screen showed me a traffic map and said something like "Your commute home will take an estimated 46 minutes due to heavy traffic on KY-155".

Mind you I've never actually told my phone where I work or where I live.... I don't think. :hmm: :ph34r:

That's Google Now in action.  It factors your current location and your location history.  We just got it on iOS, but it's restricted to bringing up "cards" while the Google search app is running.
Experience bij!

viper37

Quote from: Phillip V on April 30, 2013, 07:45:17 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2013, 04:34:56 PM
I've been offered HTC One for free, are they good?
Headlines of reviews seem good.
I am waiting for a new high-end model that has physical keyboard and supports multiple bands of LTE.

Got it.  I got mistaken though, it was the One X they offered me for free, the One was 49$ after rebate.
Anyway, I got a few new phones, the HTC One and One X among others.  I kept the HTC One for myself :)

Still trying to figure how it works.  The HTC app for synchronizations says it sync everything, but then I don't see my image collection on my phone.  Weird.  ANyway, I'm installing a bunch of apps now.  Hopefully, there's a way to easily transfer that from one phone to the other.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

fhdz

15 days until I can upgrade to the Galaxy Note II! :w00t:
and the horse you rode in on

viper37

can you use more than one Google account to download apps?  I want to use Google Play store to put necessary apps on the phones, but if an employee wants some app for himself (I locked the internet connection out of their phones so they can only use wifi :) ), can he use his own Google account to add some more apps?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

You can use more then one account in Jelly Bean. Wasn't the case in ICS.

Why did you locked the Internet Connection? You are snipping away half the functionnality of having an Android phone.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 17, 2013, 12:52:23 PM

Why did you locked the Internet Connection? You are snipping away half the functionnality of having an Android phone.

To not have to worry about employees going over the data cap, I'm guessing.
Experience bij!

fhdz

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 18, 2013, 11:07:26 AM

Data caps sure make me glad I'm on Sprint.

Vricklund

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 14, 2013, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2013, 11:17:02 AM

That's Google Now in action.  It factors your current location and your location history.  We just got it on iOS, but it's restricted to bringing up "cards" while the Google search app is running.
I wouldn't go :wub:, I would go :tinfoil:. To have something like that running by default is seriously f*cked up.

Phillip V

Quote from: fahdiz on May 18, 2013, 12:37:17 PM

How is Sprint's 3G/4G in your area?

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on May 18, 2013, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 18, 2013, 12:37:17 PM

How is Sprint's 3G/4G in your area?

3G is great, 4G is decent. I never use 4G anyway because it's a fucking battery hog.

Phillip V

Beginning this summer, Sprint's 3G should get better at building penetration as the year progresses.

Berkut

Pretty harsh review of the S4:

QuoteIf the HTC One was a glimpse of Android's promising future of thoughtfully crafted hardware paired with elegantly designed software, the Samsung Galaxy S4 represents its poorly conceived and shoddily constructed past. Like countless Android handsets before it, the Galaxy S4 is spec and feature-rich, but limited by its cheap, flimsy hardware and unnecessarily bloated suite of proprietary software. It's not a bad phone — in fact, there's plenty to like — it simply lacks the level of polish and consideration found in a growing number of its competitors.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/samsung-galaxy-s4-review
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Phillip V

Good. They should release a Galaxy S4 version with physical keyboard.