News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Brezel on April 02, 2016, 09:29:20 AM
Thinking of finally caving in and buying my first smartphone ever. I think I'll go for Galaxy S6. I prefer the looks of Sony Xperia but I've read the z3 models have some overheating issues. The reviews suggest that Xperias are really good but S6 and S7 are even slightly better.

Cost a consideration?  I am thinking of ordering the LG G4 today; as good or better than Galaxy S6, but cheaper.

garbon

Thinking of finally caving in and buying my first smartphone ever. I think I'll go for Galaxy S6. I prefer the looks of Sony Xperia but I've read the z3 models have some overheating issues. The reviews suggest that Xperias are really good but S6 and S7 are even slightly better.

S6 is first one I ever purchased. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brezel

Quote from: Phillip V on April 02, 2016, 11:30:46 AM
Cost a consideration?  I am thinking of ordering the LG G4 today; as good or better than Galaxy S6, but cheaper.

For some reason the leather back of G4 feels a tad old fashioned for my taste. And I'll most likely buy from operator that is offering S6, z3+ and G4 at pretty much the same price.

viper37

I have completed the switch to Android & data plans for nearly employees. 

I want to automatically share the apps between all phones.  If I buy/install an app for me, I want all employees to have that same app.
However, I do not want them to use my credit card info to buy apps from the store and I want them to each have their agenda, not mine.

I have one Google account I created for the company, when I got my first HTC One.  Do I need to create an account for each phone?  How would I automatically share the apps between phones then?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

I need a domain name for that?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Phillip V on April 02, 2016, 11:30:46 AM

The G4's pretty good, but I've seen a lot of issues in G3s and G4s where the digitizer craps out and has to be replaced under warranty.  That issue aside, I vastly prefer the G4's camera, and I tend to like the LG interface better than Samsung's TouchWiz.
Experience bij!

lustindarkness

Marshmallow seems to be working just fine on my S6. :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 19, 2016, 01:29:55 PM
Marshmallow seems to be working just fine on my S6. :unsure:

Yeah I gave in and did it about a week after - no issues though still haven't really seen any improvements I needed/wanted either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

I have now upgraded to LG G4 and given my LG G3 to my father.  Very pleased.  :)

garbon

Any thoughts on Google Pixel? From my quick look at details on it - I'm wondering if who it'll hurt most is Samsung even though positioning is versus Apple. Samsung is already in PR nightmare and while Samsung Galaxy S7 is cheaper for most builds, there'll finally be a competitive high end Android phone that isn't Samsung. Given lag time between Android release and Samsung retrofit, gives Google leg up that its hardware and software can be designed together like Apple's.

Zanza

And it doesn't come with Samsung's bloatware. I'll definitely look into it when I have to replace my current Samsung phone. I had looked at the Nexus last time, but wasn't convinced.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2016, 04:25:49 PM
Any thoughts on Google Pixel? From my quick look at details on it - I'm wondering if who it'll hurt most is Samsung even though positioning is versus Apple. Samsung is already in PR nightmare and while Samsung Galaxy S7 is cheaper for most builds, there'll finally be a competitive high end Android phone that isn't Samsung. Given lag time between Android release and Samsung retrofit, gives Google leg up that its hardware and software can be designed together like Apple's.

Depending on pricing, Pixel XL seems competitive with top tier phones.  I like this new competition and later the resulting push to differentiate/improve.

As for me, the Pixel XL is longer, heavier, and has a lower resolution camera than my LG G4.  I will wait until next year for the next top tier releases.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Pixel-XL,LG-G4/phones/10263,9104

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on October 06, 2016, 12:18:40 PM
And it doesn't come with Samsung's bloatware. I'll definitely look into it when I have to replace my current Samsung phone. I had looked at the Nexus last time, but wasn't convinced.

Same. I'd originally thought I was getting a Nexus but a review I read that it looked like a prototype for a phone really stuck with me.