News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Gracias. Anyone else? I have read quite a few reviews online, but I'd like the opinions of people I actually know.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 05, 2015, 12:21:42 AM
1) S5s only stay waterproof/dustproof as long as the (extremely delicate) door cover over the charging port stays intact.  So not very long at all, in most cases.

I'm generally pretty gentle on my devices but after two years or whatever that charging port cover just got abused.

Quote2) The fast charger for the S6 actually goes faster than the USB 3.0 charger for the S5.

Yep, pretty amazed.  I can go from 25% to 75% in just a few minutes.

But man I wish I had an SD card slot. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

S6 seems good battery wise and the charging is so quick. That said I have been looking to see if one of those charger batteries would make sense on my European sojourns when I'm away from easily accessible wall sockets all day.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey is anyone with Marshmallow experiencing an...oddity....with their bluetooth connection when they're calling out?  It's something that seems to happen when it has been connected to my headset for a few hours without being used (when it's sitting on my desk at work).  When I go to make a call, it just hangs on the dialing screen with no info until I turn bluetooth (on the phone) off/on.  Then it'll make the call like normal, showing the contact, etc.  If I don't turn bluetooth off, it will hang until it the dialer crashes.

I don't have another headset I can test it out with, and I'm not going on any long-ish road trips to leave it connected to my car and try it there.

E: The phone is a Moto X Pure, so it's stock Android (outside of one Motorola app that can handle voice and motion commands if you want) like the Nexus.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on December 26, 2015, 12:36:17 PM
S6 seems good battery wise and the charging is so quick. That said I have been looking to see if one of those charger batteries would make sense on my European sojourns when I'm away from easily accessible wall sockets all day.

I keep one in my bag on holidays as my phone often depletes during a day a of walking about taking photos. It works quite well, not too heavy and got about 2 re-charges in it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

S6 on out for delivery in a UPS truck somewhere around BHM. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 13, 2016, 11:15:06 AM
S6 on out for delivery in a UPS truck somewhere around BHM. :)

UPS tracking says: delivered!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Just how many updates will this thing download?! :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Carrying my phone absolutely everywhere at home and work in order to property track my walking grows tiresome. I'm looking for a cheap fitness tracker to work with my phone now.
Gadget escalation <_<
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 13, 2016, 10:04:23 PM
Just how many updates will this thing download?! :lol:

Final count of phone and app updates? A million and one! :D

That Smart Switch app was awesome, transferred everything over, contacts, text conversations, phone logs, pics, documents, everything.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Ok. Typing on this phone can really be a pita.
I write pig....it automatically prints 🐷.  Sushi gives 🍣.  Relieved  😌.
Grrr. As a secondary suggestion fine. But stop the automatic shit.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

So Samsung finally got carriers to start pushing out update to marshmallow. I'm not sure though if I want to update as my S6 works nicely as is...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Marshmallow new wifi handling will suck your battery die.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brezel

Thinking of finally caving in and buying my first smartphone ever. I think I'll go for Galaxy S6. I prefer the looks of Sony Xperia but I've read the z3 models have some overheating issues. The reviews suggest that Xperias are really good but S6 and S7 are even slightly better.