News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Kies and the samsung app store were the worst thing about the S2 when i had that.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

All I ever used Kies for was copying data back and forth anyway.  It had backup/restore features and firmware update capability, but both are redundant now due to OTA features that perform the same thing.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Did you get an Edge, or just the normal S6?

I am going to upgrade at the end of the month, haven't decided yet what to get.

Also - is the base 32 GB adequate?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

I got the regular S6.  I couldn't figure out what was so much better about the Edge to justify the cost differential.

I got the 64 Gb unit because I have a shit ton of music I'd like loaded to my phone... I've already put 5 Gb worth on there since Saturday afternoon. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

You could have also just bought a 64GB microSD card.  OH OOPS
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

I thought the S6 doesn't allow expandable storage?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

Cal should give us a review of the S6. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 02:33:53 PM

Good to see Samsung's picking something up from Apple.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 02:33:53 PM

That was my point :D   And also why I'm probably not going to buy one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

My Galaxy S4 had its Lollipop update. Since then, battery drains significantly faster. Also, volume is way down, and I've yet to find a way to restore the old level.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2015, 04:46:33 AM
My Galaxy S4 had its Lollipop update. Since then, battery drains significantly faster. Also, volume is way down, and I've yet to find a way to restore the old level.

Haven't had the volume problem, but battery definitely drains faster after the 5.0 update.

Syt

Well, volume might not be the right word; it sounds all muffled, as if all equalizer panels are pushed to max reduction. No highs.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Just got the Galaxy S6. Any tips or tricks I should know? First time Android user. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

So what's people's opinions on the Galaxy S6? I have an S4 and am quite happy with it, but I can extend my contract and get a free upgrade. I use my phone mostly for texting, listening to Spotify, reading (Kindle + Comics), and surfing the web.
—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

So what's people's opinions on the Galaxy S6? I have an S4 and am quite happy with it, but I keep running out of storage space and the battery does not hold a charge as good anymore. I use my phone constantly for emails, spreadsheets, word documents, pdf, scanning, gps tracking my running, texting, listening to Spotify, reading books (Kindle), watching YouTube, playing solitaire while I poop, and surfing the web.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom