And we're back!

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by derspiess, March 06, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 18, 2013, 11:07:26 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 17, 2013, 12:52:23 PM
You can use more then one account in Jelly Bean. Wasn't the case in ICS.

Why did you locked the Internet Connection? You are snipping away half the functionnality of having an Android phone.

To not have to worry about employees going over the data cap, I'm guessing.
Yes.  So they don't spend their days streaming music from an on-line site on my account. I only have 500mb a month.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

You need a better plan.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 21, 2013, 12:16:02 PM
You need a better plan.
Sure.  It's already 55$/month with the data plan and I'm paying less than Bell's offer for SMBs.  Can't really have another provider, they're about the only two that will give me complete coverage everywhere I go.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

viper37

similar coverage to Rogers, nothing beyond Rimouski, spotty reception as soon as you get some distance from the St-Lawrence, despite their claims.  So not acceptable.  Only Telus and Bell will cover my entire area.

Grey Fox

Virgin Mobile could have been a good option then.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Vricklund on May 18, 2013, 01:26:19 PM
I wouldn't go :wub:, I would go :tinfoil:. To have something like that running by default is seriously f*cked up.

Indeed.  When the iOS Google app updated to include Now, I had to turn it off because it forced my GPS on at all times.  As you can imagine, that was a battery-killer.
Experience bij!

Berkut

So far I am loving the Galaxy S4.

The build qulality is much, much better than I expected given the reviews.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

fhdz

I'm not sure why people automatically associate "light" and "plastic" with "cheap". Plastics can be pretty fucking durable.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2013, 12:06:25 PM
So far I am loving the Galaxy S4.

The build qulality is much, much better than I expected given the reviews.
+1
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

I'm getting my Galaxy Note 2 on Saturday :)
and the horse you rode in on

Phillip V

I am saving my upgrade for this fall when phones will hopefully start supporting multiple bands of LTE.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 28, 2013, 01:42:53 PM
Virgin Mobile could have been a good option then.
no corporate account, no time shared between phones, no unlimited calls between same account.
Only the Platinum plan at 60$/month would be decent, wich is more than the 35$/month I pay with Telus.
Again, not an option.

Grey Fox

The 60$ plan under Or is better than the platinum one.

Cheap bastard.

viper37

it seems great for individuals, but with Telus, I can pool my minutes.  If someone with 450 doesn't use it all, the others can use them.  Wich is practical.

Only thing missing is unlimited texts and more data.  But more data costs more.  I pay 35$/month per basic lines, I don,t like the idea of paying more just to use a few bytes of data.  So they use wi-fi when available. Wich isn't much for now, but I plan to extend my network to reach the warehouse, once I find how to do this for cheap.