Pipe rupture causes 2 million to lose clean water in Boston

Started by jimmy olsen, May 01, 2010, 10:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2011, 01:19:13 PM
So has it been fixed yet? :)

It's Boston.
Of course it hasn't.
It's probably flooding the Big Dig as we speak.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 06, 2011, 01:24:54 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2011, 01:19:13 PM
So has it been fixed yet? :)

It's Boston.
Of course it hasn't.
It's probably flooding the Big Dig as we speak.
I wouldn't be surprised if that had been the case, but it was fixed pretty quickly. The broken part was found and what I recall is that some legal action was being taken against the vendor. No idea of the outcome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

derspiess

Speaking of which, does anyone here use a water softening system of some sort?  My water pressure at home seems to be about half what it should be & I think it's all the damned calcium building up in the pipes because the water is so hard.  I'm going to have to figure out some way to clean out the pipes as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Why is Tim bumping all these old threads? If that's not ban worthy nowadays I honestly don't know what is.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2011, 04:43:46 PM
Speaking of which, does anyone here use a water softening system of some sort?  My water pressure at home seems to be about half what it should be & I think it's all the damned calcium building up in the pipes because the water is so hard.  I'm going to have to figure out some way to clean out the pipes as well.
Could the pipes from the street to the house undersized? Years ago many homes on my street had low water pressure. The water pipes weren't large enough, and once the town replaced the pipes from the street to the house with larger diameter pipes the pressure was fine.