News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Is that the one where all the courtiers are dancing in the theater thing at the end while it zooms out?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2016, 02:25:45 PM
Is that the one where all the courtiers are dancing in the theater thing at the end while it zooms out?

Yep
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Watched Love Actually for the umpteenth time. The occasion? Finally getting my sister, who says she loves rom-coms, to see it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Escape to Victory

The line about international games has never worked so well, thanks to the EURO 2016. :)
At the Cinémathèque. Stallone's best early comedic role? Maybe the post-modern editing at the Cinémathèque helped.  :hmm: 3 reels were inverted.
Ed would kill to get that 3rd Reich jersey, but then who wouldn't?  :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2016, 05:49:06 PM
I hate that movie.

I liked "Victory" better. 

Stupid Europeans.

Admiral Yi

Jupiter Ascending on in the background while I ate.  Lots of boom.  Impossible to give a shit.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Took the kid to see The Secret Life of Pets. Was fun for the kids. I enjoyed it well enough, but unlike say some Pixar movies, it wasn't really intended for a dual audience of kids and adults. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on July 12, 2016, 04:22:04 PM
Took the kid to see The Secret Life of Pets. Was fun for the kids. I enjoyed it well enough, but unlike say some Pixar movies, it wasn't really intended for a dual audience of kids and adults.

I liked the poodle.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 12, 2016, 06:35:29 PM

I liked the poodle.

Stealing Brain's line.   :mad:

CountDeMoney

I liked the poodle.

Rebel badass, my star spangled nutsack.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 12, 2016, 08:24:46 PM

I liked the poodle.

Rebel badass, my star spangled nutsack.

You can lick Earl Van Dorn's taint.

Look him up. You'll get the joke.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 12, 2016, 08:26:36 PM
You can lick Earl Van Dorn's taint.

Look him up. You'll get the joke.

That's Earl Van Dorn...I don't see Joseph Mansfield, he must have the night off or something.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."