And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 28, 2016, 02:35:07 AM
Huh, never even heard of Romper Stomper.

The fuck, man.  You're supposed to be educated.

Capetan Mihali

Just romper stomp me out of my misery already. :weep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Jacob

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 28, 2016, 10:07:30 AM
Just romper stomp me out of my misery already. :weep:

Just watch it :)

Martinus

So, have you guys seen Kadyrov's cat? He just posted this on Instagram:

Quote"I receive lots of photos. Some people say that they saw the cat in Vladivostok, Japan, Iceland, New Zealand, and even in the Oval Office of the White House!" the caption reads. He adds: "I am grateful to all, but this is NOT my cat."

:lol:

celedhring

Spotlight - loved it. Great film. I'm always amazed whenever a film of this kind manages to make such a difficult subject (75% of the film is people talking inside a newspaper office) so compelling and entertaining. It also manages to avoid sensationalism while still perfectly conveying how utterly horrifying the whole affair is. Acting is top-notch throughout, too.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2016, 03:38:13 PM
So, have you guys seen Kadyrov's cat? He just posted this on Instagram:

Quote"I receive lots of photos. Some people say that they saw the cat in Vladivostok, Japan, Iceland, New Zealand, and even in the Oval Office of the White House!" the caption reads. He adds: "I am grateful to all, but this is NOT my cat."

:lol:
:lol:  Oliver follows through at the very least.  Well played.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Maladict

New Top Gear is awful. Just awful.

CountDeMoney

Capetan Mihali

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. :alberta:

I swear I'll get to Romper Stomper soon.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on May 29, 2016, 02:23:12 PM

Is that with the old trio on new channel or the new hosts on old channel?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on May 29, 2016, 04:17:12 PM

New hosts. The reviews are going to be savage.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on May 29, 2016, 04:22:30 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 29, 2016, 04:17:12 PM

New hosts. The reviews are going to be savage.

I expected it to suck, I have no interest at all for cars yet I kind of enjoyed watching top gear, the hosts were everything for that show.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk