News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Calling all garbons:

Looking the movie debuts on HBO in two months.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2016, 09:14:07 PM
Shelving Deadwood for the while, starting up on Sopranos.  Just as good as I remember it.  :smoke:

Really sad to see Meadow's ass exploding in season 2.  :(

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Star Trek series teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpPweAooeE

Nothing to see in it, besides the new logo and the fact they talk about "new crews", which probably means the rumors of it being an anthology series (spanning different ships and periods) are true.

Josquius

Fuck my memory is good sometimes.
Watching some thing on Netflix called London Spy. Thoroughly gay. But meh. OK.
A certain scene pops up in the 4th episode. Nothing special..... yet I remember what they say! At one point long ago flicking through the channels I stumbled upon it.
If only this would work for useful things, like languages.

QuoteStar Trek series teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpPweAooeE

Nothing to see in it, besides the new logo and the fact they talk about "new crews", which probably means the rumors of it being an anthology series (spanning different ships and periods) are true
Sounds expensive :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on May 19, 2016, 05:30:10 AM
Sounds expensive :hmm:

It depends. You need new sets for every season, but otoh you don't have irreplaceable cast members asking for more money season after season.

I'm not sure this is a good idea, though. I'm not a die-hard, but the anchor of the various Trek series has always been the crew.

Grey Fox

I decided enough was enough & bought Band of Brothers on bluray.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Man, I hate finding the cheap puns in BoJack Horseman so funny, it makes me feel ashamed of myself.  :blush:

There's one character going "sure you don't want to talk about the elephant in the room?", and there's like an actual elephant in the room! Because they are animals, and they talk.  :lmfao:

Sorry. :(

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2016, 09:14:07 AM
Man, I hate finding the cheap puns in BoJack Horseman so funny, it makes me feel ashamed of myself.  :blush:

There's one character going "sure you don't want to talk about the elephant in the room?", and there's like an actual elephant in the room! Because they are animals, and they talk.  :lmfao:

You should be.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2016, 09:14:07 AM

Heh, I should check that out. The same person who recommended Rick and Morty said 'if you like that, you would probably like BoJack Horseman'. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

In addition to the puns, it's pretty damn great. Never seen Rick and Morty though, so I don't know how they compare.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2016, 09:17:19 AM
In addition to the puns, it's pretty damn great. Never seen Rick and Morty though, so I don't know how they compare.

Rick & Morty is awesome. I'm not a big fan of the gross out aspects of its humor, but it is very inventive and by turns funny and very, very dark.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Habbaku

Rick and Morty is vastly better than BoJack, which I find detestable.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Malthus on May 19, 2016, 09:15:56 AM
Heh, I should check that out. The same person who recommended Rick and Morty said 'if you like that, you would probably like BoJack Horseman'.

I really like Bojack, but it took me much longer to get hooked than R&M.  The opening titles kept me in for the first season.  I found them incredibly hypnotic.  The end of season 1 and season 2 rock, but needed the bedrock of the first season.

The mood of the show is more melancholy and less frenetic while still being completely ridiculous.  There are whole plot lines that will rip your heart out while the silliest stuff imaginable is going on.  I love [spoiler]Vincent Adultman[/spoiler].

celedhring

Yeah, season 1 is definitely a slow start, but it really gets going in the second half of it. I love the mix of utter silliness and gut-wrenching emotional stuff. Plus the voice acting is so damn good.

I have the opening credits music as my ringtone  :Embarrass: