News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I have seen about a half dozen Neeson ass-kicking films and Taken is as good as it gets.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Watched "Tootsie" for the first time...having never realized Bill Murray had a somewhat supporting role in the film (and a pretty good one too)

Eddie Teach

Sicario. Very dark and gritty.
The Walk. Rather the opposite, though a bit uncomfortable for an acrophobe like me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2016, 05:35:51 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2016, 03:32:14 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2016, 03:29:00 PM
Looking for something to watch tonight. I haven't seen any of the Taken films. Are they: worth the time? If it's just the phone scene I can just youtube that.

The first one is watchable.

Just finished it. Yeah, it's pretty decent. What are the other good "Neeson kicking butt" flicks? I have only seen Unknown, which was enjoyable, too.

Excalibur.  :smarty:
Rob Roy.

The Larch

Looking for something to watch tonight. I haven't seen any of the Taken films. Are they: worth the time? If it's just the phone scene I can just youtube that.

Just finished it. Yeah, it's pretty decent. What are the other good "Neeson kicking butt" flicks? I have only seen Unknown, which was enjoyable, too.

Gangs of New York!

celedhring

But...[spoiler] he dies in the first scene.[/spoiler]

He does kick ass until then, though.

The Larch

There's also Rob Roy as well. I mean, he actually cuts Tim Roth in half with a claymore in that one.

Does Qui Gon Jinn count as an ass kicker? Ras al Ghul? Hannibal in the A Team remake?

Eddie Teach

Apparently Norman Reedus was one of the brothers in The Boondock Saints. I did not recognize him at all when Walking Dead started.  :hmm:

Malthus

My kid is binge-watching the Disney show Gravity Falls. I must admit, I'm watching it with him and liking it.

It's sort of like an animated version of Twin Peaks for the preteen crowd, though the last couple of episodes are more like H.P. Lovecraft for the preteen crowd ...  :lol:

It's a rarity in that it was written with a two-season plot with a definite ending, which is being aired tonight.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 15, 2016, 09:51:08 AM
Apparently Norman Reedus was one of the brothers in The Boondock Saints. I did not recognize him at all when Walking Dead started.  :hmm:

Holy shit! I never realized either.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

The first one is very very very good.
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: The Larch on February 15, 2016, 08:20:54 AM
There's also Rob Roy as well. I mean, he actually cuts Tim Roth in half with a claymore in that one.

Does Qui Gon Jinn count as an ass kicker? Ras al Ghul? Hannibal in the A Team remake?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket-hilted_sword
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

viper37

Run All Night
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Also A Walk Among Tombstones, Non Stop, and the Taken sequels. Though "good" is a bit charitable, they are OK.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son