Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Ex Machina- Robots are dicks
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

I think you mean "Robots Don't Like Dicks".
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Norgy

Quote from: The Brain on February 14, 2016, 06:56:38 AM
I wouldn't put it past the Norwegians to do something stupid like getting occupied by Russia in a ridiculously implausible scenario.

Under today's conservatives, anything could happen.  :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on February 14, 2016, 04:38:06 AM
Also having been in Greece for two months I have to say that I would not put a whole lot of weak-willed greedy shit past Brussels.

Squeelus goes native, film at 11.

Norgy

Tonitrus

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2016, 11:30:12 AM
Robots are cunts.

If that were true, they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on February 14, 2016, 07:26:31 AM
Quote from: Neil on February 14, 2016, 12:50:39 AM
In Seven they it seemed like they just wanted to have fun.  Obviously, new Dax was incredibly fun, and brought a different energy to the show that I appreciated.  But episodes like Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges, Treachery, Faith and the Great River or Field of Fire are fun episodes.  I would say that the pacing sometimes seemed a little odd, as the show would go from some pretty grim war episodes like AR558 to holodeck romps like Paper Moon or Badda Bing.  And they gave Bashir some interesting things to do, and Garak something to do other than lie to Bashir.
You know, I'd forgotten about Inter Arma, which is great.

I dunno about Garak coming up in Seven, since they always seemed to be able to give Garak stuff to do, from a pretty early date--though it probably helped that he was also one of the series' more functional characters, like a narrative Swiss Army knife.  (My threshold for when DS9 finally became great isn't S2's finale, Jem'hadar, where everything is still mainly potential, but the Improbable Cause/Die is Cast two-parter, which really started paying dividends on that potential.)  Sometimes, I think he may've been the writers' favorite character, which wouldn't be out of bounds since while he might not be that many people's absolute favorite, he's probably everybody's number three or four.

It's kind of amazing how different Bashir is, and how much better Alexander Siddig is, in later DS9 versus early, though.
You know, I suppose Garak's broadening actually happened a bit earlier, didn't it?  He was flirting with Ziyal, fighting with O'Brien and murdering people with Sisko in earlier seasons.

It's funny how the genetically enhanced storyline pretty much wrote itself.  Bashir really went to some different places than you would think to look at him Season 1.  He was the by-the-book doctor and callow youth, and instead he winds up being pretty great.  Siddig had a lot to offer the role.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

celedhring

Looking for something to watch tonight. I haven't seen any of the Taken films. Are they: worth the time? If it's just the phone scene I can just youtube that.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2016, 03:29:00 PM
Looking for something to watch tonight. I haven't seen any of the Taken films. Are they: worth the time? If it's just the phone scene I can just youtube that.

The first one is watchable.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2016, 03:32:14 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2016, 03:29:00 PM

The first one is watchable.

Just finished it. Yeah, it's pretty decent. What are the other good "Neeson kicking butt" flicks? I have only seen Unknown, which was enjoyable, too.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on February 14, 2016, 05:35:51 PM
Just finished it. Yeah, it's pretty decent. What are the other good "Neeson kicking butt" flicks? I have only seen Unknown, which was enjoyable, too.

He kicks a bit of ass in The Mission.  ;)

celedhring

Pretty minor part though.

Admiral Yi

Someone slept through the Columbia workshop on Winking & Irony.

lustindarkness

Deadpool, very romantic Valentines Day chick flick.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom