News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Coming soon to a tv screen near you...  BBC's Top Gear, co-hosted by Matt LeBlanc.

:unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

A titan of British programming!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 04, 2016, 10:56:29 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 04, 2016, 04:13:07 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 03, 2016, 08:29:50 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2016, 09:50:50 AM
I think it's cute how people don't think Crystal Skull was a hit.
Out of curiosity, what aspect of it do you consider it being a "hit"?  The ticket sales gross?  The reviews?

Roughly fourfold return on investment, as a purely objective measure. 

OK but why should we care about that.

Because it made an obvious, quantifiable impact, i.e., "was a hit," thereby disproving (or at least calling into question) the thesis that Spielberg hadn't made a hit since Date X?

I mean, one can certainly dislike something that other people wanted to see, and which made a lot of money.  Hell, that's kind of your thing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

frunk

Meryl Streep to star in Florence Foster Jenkins.  Damn this should be awesome.

If you are wondering why I'm excited listen to this.  Probably the worst singer to ever play Carnegie Hall.

garbon

I don't think the world needs a Goosebumps film...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 04, 2016, 11:41:36 AM
Quote from: celedhring on February 04, 2016, 11:38:58 AM
A couple of friends of mine have got a SyFy series greenlit: :)

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/incorporated-syfy-series-matt-damon-ben-affleck-1201696096/

(and no my friends aren't Damon and Affleck :D)

Are those friends of yours Matt and Ben?

I wish...

My friends created the show and directed the pilot.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2016, 03:35:30 PM
I don't think the world needs a Goosebumps film...
Uh....hate to break it to you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

So this is from the Danish Girl, the shot is supposedly from Vejle. Spot some very tall mistakes:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Quote from: Liep on February 04, 2016, 04:10:06 PM
So this is from the Danish Girl, the shot is supposedly from Vejle. Spot some very tall mistakes:

they simply used the same set as Vikings to save money. It's ok, we all think Denmark looks like Norway now :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on February 04, 2016, 04:10:06 PM

Like we the world can tell/care about the difference :P

Liep

But we're famously flat. :angry: If it had been Holland people would be in uproar and yet Holland's tallest points is much taller than ours.

garbon

I don't know anything about Danish geology. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2016, 04:58:42 PM
I don't know anything about Danish geology. -_-

"Until 1847 people thought that Himmelbjerget ("Sky Mountain") was the highest point in Denmark, but it's only 147 metres above sea. At that time Ejer Baunehøj was declared to be higher, and in 1874 it was measured to be 170.95 metres above sea level. Nevertheless Yding Skovhøj, only 3 kilometres away, was declared to be even higher, due to several new measurements in the middle of the 1900's. This was a great disappointment for people involved in Ejer Baunehøj. The Danish authorities finally decided in 1953 that a burial mound on Yding Skovhøj from the bronze age didn't count. That reduced Yding Skovhøj to 170.89 metres, and means that Ejer Baunehøj wins this height competition by only 6 centimetres! In 2002 the heights were adjusted due to the new general measure method DVR90. Ejer Baunehøj has sunk 6 centimetres to now 170.89 metres, but the same applies to Yding Skovhøj measured at 170.83 metres."

Eddie Teach

Jutland's the peninsula. Sjaelland's the part with Copenhagen. Skane is the part in Sweden.  :uffda:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?