News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2016, 07:41:15 PM
It was actually Munich; but as usual, Euopean antisemitism knows no bounds.

Munich was too slow.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

celedhring

I thought Munich was way too labored for no good reason.

Admiral Yi

I hadn't realized how long Steve-o has gone without a hit.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2016, 10:01:03 PM

He's been on Oscar bait auto-pilot for a while now.

He's got an adaptation of The Big Friendly Giant next year, and then he's supposedly directing Ready Player One. That book was really fun, and it's kinda an homage to his 80s work.

Sophie Scholl

To answer the question posed earlier:  Black Sails is watchable.  It takes about 4 episodes to become that way though.

Venture Brothers was entertaining.  Hopefully it will have been worth the wait.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2016, 11:41:36 PM
Anyone else watching Billions on Showtime?

I just caught the first two episodes. Good stuff.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

I was amused by the first episode of a new show executive produced by Steve Carell and starring Rashida Jones of The Office.  The series follows Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department's elite RHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit).

Josquius

I watched the first episode of something called the shanara chronicles. I've never read the books it is based off though the name does ring a bell.
Seemed to be possibly heading in an interesting direction with elves and humans in different worlds. ....but no.
Overall the quality is quite poor. Awkward dialogue and radical elves. It's like rivendell  90210.
I know. I know. In a fantasy setting there's no logical reason people can't have American accents. It looks like it may even be set in a  post apocalyptic America.  But jesus. That is too much.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

For some reason HBO went all out and plastered all of Copenhagen with commercials for that show, the posters alone led me to the same conclusion as you though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2016, 10:14:59 PM

He's got an adaptation of The Big Friendly Giant next year, and then he's supposedly directing Ready Player One. That book was really fun, and it's kinda an homage to his 80s work.

I really liked Bridge of Spies.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Has anyone been following The Expanse? And if so, is it any good?

I read the book it was based on, looked like it would make some good space opera if it was done right.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

I think it's cute how people don't think Crystal Skull was a hit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2016, 09:05:23 AM
Has anyone been following The Expanse? And if so, is it any good?

I read the book it was based on, looked like it would make some good space opera if it was done right.

It is very good

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2016, 09:50:50 AM

I think it's cute how people don't think Crystal Skull was a hit.

It's funny how I keep completely erasing that movie from my mind. It has a decent case for being another counter to my "Spielberg doesn't make completely bad movies" statement.