News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on January 01, 2016, 09:46:00 AM
Because Mrs B and I are wild and crazy people, we spent New Years Eve watching a movie.  In our case, Mad Max: Fury Road.

First of all - good deal.  It was a $0.99 rental via iTunes.

Second... I don't get the hype.  It was good for what it was, which was a 2 hour car chase movie.  I liked but didn't love it.  Mrs B didn't hate it.

Perhaps a movie that suffers on the small screen?

Martinus

Watching Mr. Holmes. Enjoyable.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2016, 03:20:18 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 01, 2016, 09:46:00 AM
Because Mrs B and I are wild and crazy people, we spent New Years Eve watching a movie.  In our case, Mad Max: Fury Road.

First of all - good deal.  It was a $0.99 rental via iTunes.

Second... I don't get the hype.  It was good for what it was, which was a 2 hour car chase movie.  I liked but didn't love it.  Mrs B didn't hate it.

Perhaps a movie that suffers on the small screen?
Nah, it's a decent movie, but not exceptional.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Saw the new episode of 'Sherlock Holmes', it was good.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on January 02, 2016, 03:03:25 PM
I can't picture giving up on a movie that has Olga Kurylenko in it, I saw through the end of Hitman just because of that.

Pretty sure I gave up on Hitman fairly early.

Kurylenko is quite hot, but it doesn't say much for her script choosing that the best movie I've seen her in was Oblivion. Or perhaps November Man.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2016, 04:46:13 PM
Saw the new episode of 'Sherlock Holmes', it was good.  :bowler:
It was the most amazing fanboy wankfest I've ever seen. Simply astounding genius.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Berkut

Watched the Netflix wanna-be Serial documentary on Steven Avery - Making of a Murderer.

Pretty decent, but I suspect they were rather careful in how they presented the story to try to convince me he is innocent. I didn't find it that convincing, honestly.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

It's still better than the Breakfast Club. 
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Darth Wagtaros

Hateful 8.  Not bad. Three hours long though.

PDH!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 03, 2016, 07:48:58 AM
Hateful 8.  Not bad. Three hours long though.

He should have done a Hateful 8 1 and a Hateful 8 2
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Where the Eagles Dare on the telly, decent way to spend the last hours of my holidays.  :thumbsup: