And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Yeah, they are similar stories.

Josephus

Trying to binge watch Leftovers Season Two. What an interesting show.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Serviceable and entertaining use of old spy movie tropes. The fact that the two male leads are super hot helps.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on December 26, 2015, 07:01:52 AM
Been watching Marco Polo these days. It's lush and entertaining. It's not a "great" show, and actually Marco's character is probably the least interesting thing in it, but it's pretty serviceable. The wuxia angle was unexpected and welcome.
I just finished up the second half of the series after taking a few months off.  I enjoyed it and am glad they'll be making future episodes, but you're right about the Marco character.  I'd much rather he had simply gone home and continued to watch the rest of the characters' stories progress.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on December 26, 2015, 07:01:52 AM
Been watching Marco Polo these days. It's lush and entertaining. It's not a "great" show, and actually Marco's character is probably the least interesting thing in it, but it's pretty serviceable. The wuxia angle was unexpected and welcome.

I may go back to it then. I think I dropped after episode 5 or so.

celedhring

Le Concert. French comedy about a Russian music conductor that gets disgraced in Soviet times for supporting Jewish musicians. In present time he works as a lowly janitor at the Bolshoi until he intercepts an invitation for the Bolshoi Orchestra to play in Paris. He reunites his old band and, posing as the Bolshoi orchestra, they travel to Paris.

It's very charming, more the "smile" kind of comedy that the laugh-out-loud one. Plus Melanie Laurent  :wub:

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on December 26, 2015, 05:13:42 PM
It's very charming, more the "smile" kind of comedy that the laugh-out-loud one. Plus Melanie Laurent  :wub:

:yes: and :yes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Took me the longest time to figure out where I had seen her after I googled her image.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2015, 05:20:39 PM
Took me the longest time to figure out where I had seen her after I googled her image.

As the Jewish chick from Inglorious Basterds?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Martinus

So, should I watch The Man Who Would Be King? I remember watching this as a kid but these things sometimes tend to age badly - so wondering if I should give it another go?

Admiral Yi

Norgy

Two episodes of Luther, series four.
I am not disappointed.

11B4V

Fright Night. The older version is better.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"