News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

End of January, start of February, Tarantino's Hateful Eight will be shown at local Gartenbaukino in its 70 mm print for one week only. I may have to go watch that. :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on December 17, 2015, 11:03:49 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 17, 2015, 05:41:06 PM
She put on the shirt I was going to wear!  :mad:

But it sure looks better on her. :wub:
SO they let you in topless?

Yes, I was naked under my clothes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Oh and BTW, I'm not sure I liked how they showed that the Ewoks went extinct because they tasted good. And Jar Jar again?! WTF?!  :mad:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 18, 2015, 10:06:52 AM
Oh and BTW, I'm not sure I liked how they showed that the Ewoks went extinct because they tasted good. And Jar Jar again?! WTF?!  :mad:

I could've done without that cameo, yeah.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Oh and BTW, I'm not sure I liked how they showed that the Ewoks went extinct because they tasted good.

:blink:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I give your attempted troll 2/10.  Try a little harder next time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2015, 10:39:16 AM

I give your attempted troll 2/10.  Try a little harder next time.

Too busy at work. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on December 18, 2015, 10:33:02 AM
Oh and BTW, I'm not sure I liked how they showed that the Ewoks went extinct because they tasted good.

yeah, I mean, they look like teddy bears.  Even heard of a tasty teddy bear??
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on December 18, 2015, 11:13:01 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 18, 2015, 10:33:02 AM

yeah, I mean, they look like teddy bears.  Even heard of a tasty teddy bear??

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/22742/gummi-bears

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Ah ok. Now it all makes sense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

THERE IS A STAR WARS THREAD. INDERDEEDERLY A SPOILERS THREAD
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Gearing up for the new Star Wars, with something else than the Phantom Menace.
WatchedThe Star Wars Holiday Special at last. Has to be seen to be believed. Sadly, not in the "so-bad it's good" category.

More Wookies than necessary! Atrocious Matte painting recycled! Bobba Fett inside! Psychedelic musical acts! Princess Leia sings!
No Jar Jar Binks (Jaron) though.

Shown on French TV on New Year's Day 1979, since a dub exists for most of the footage, cut by 25 min compared to the US, a good thing I guess. Thing is, not all the voice talent from the first movie returned.  :lol:

Liep

I was having a few drinks with some mates and we got talking about movies, one guy said I was crazy for liking Mad Max so I promptly bet that it'd win the the Oscar for best movie. Maybe not the best move I've ever made, but I recall someone in here said it might have a chance. So, what odds will you give it?

The bet is over a steak at a quite fancy restaurant.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

I think it will be nominated for sure, not so sure about actually winning the oscar.

Admiral Yi

I'd put it, without any deep thought on the question, around the 10-1 against mark.