News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2015, 04:45:18 PM
The overwhelming number of Star Wars themed commercials is dulling my anticipation.

You should make some tea.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2015, 03:04:42 PM
Looking for a decent series after finishing Show Me a Hero. Marco Polo, yay or nay?

I enjoyed the 6 or so episodes of Silicon Valley I caught, as well as the two of The Affair that I've seen so far.

Are you looking for something on CD/Blueray to binge watch?

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2015, 05:39:23 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2015, 03:04:42 PM
Looking for a decent series after finishing Show Me a Hero. Marco Polo, yay or nay?

I enjoyed the 6 or so episodes of Silicon Valley I caught, as well as the two of The Affair that I've seen so far.

Are you looking for something on CD/Blueray to binge watch?

Yeah, that or Netflix.

Eddie Teach

I'll assume you've either watched Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones/Walking Dead or decided you're not interested.

Both seasons of Fargo are excellent. First season of True Detectives was pretty good. First two seasons of The Killing. The Americans. Tyrant- not the best writing, but I love it for being an American show that's not about America(American Odyssey is similar, but the great Mali parts are balanced out with mundane bits about NY-based reporters seeking out conspiracies and such). Silicon Valley is quite funny. Homeland(I've only seen seasons 4 and 5). Hell on Wheels.

I could go on, but those are the ones I look forward to.

Edit- for Netflix shows, I'd recommend House of Cards, Narcos and Marco Polo.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2015, 06:30:52 PM
I'll assume you've either watched Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones/Walking Dead or decided you're not interested.

Both seasons of Fargo are excellent. First season of True Detectives was pretty good. First two seasons of The Killing. The Americans. Tyrant- not the best writing, but I love it for being an American show that's not about America(American Odyssey is similar, but the great Mali parts are balanced out with mundane bits about NY-based reporters seeking out conspiracies and such). Silicon Valley is quite funny. Homeland(I've only seen seasons 4 and 5). Hell on Wheels.

I could go on, but those are the ones I look forward to.

Edit- for Netflix shows, I'd recommend House of Cards, Narcos and Marco Polo.

I have already watched/given up on all those shows. Except Silicon Valley and Narcos. Will add them to the queue.

Liep

Silicon Valley is fun, almost as funny as Veep.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

You could go old school and plow through 35 seasons of Law & Order.

Admiral Yi

US Shameless starts up I think next week.  That's a pretty good show if you haven't already seen.

mongers

'Brooklyn's Finest' - a good film, made internal sense; couldn't say if it even has a passing resemblance or not to cop work in NYC.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

A friend of mine has got herself pregnant and is going to name her son "Luke". One of my best friends already has a 12-month "Lando" (the boy is indeed black).

This is getting really out of hand now  :lol:

garbon

Is she picking Luke because of the movies? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 07, 2015, 07:28:11 AM
Is she picking Luke because of the movies? :unsure:

Well, you won't find many Catalan people named "Luke", that I can tell you.

garbon

Not exactly an answer though. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I've been watching House as of late. Never watched it when it ran as I couldn't stand Hugh Laurie's arrogant, world-weary character. I'm finding now that I enjoy his character immensely. :weep:

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 07, 2015, 07:36:26 AM
Not exactly an answer though. :P

What I mean is that nobody is going to use a name like that unless it's a homage of some sort. It's a pretty unusual name over here. And yeah, she's a Star Wars geek.