Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2015, 02:55:41 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 21, 2015, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2015, 02:25:32 PM
Man, I would love to go see the new Star Wars with all you dumbasses.

That would be pretty awesome.

edit: Until one of you started spoilering TWD during the pre-views, anyway. :berkut:
all you have to do is drive up to Montreal! :P

I would not want to watch it in French, sorry.

It's Canada. It will be bilingual. Each actor will, very quickly, give both English and French versions: "Luke, I am your father - Luke, je suis ton pere ... "  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 21, 2015, 03:19:56 PM
TWD spoilers: :nelson:

I was really surprised when they introduced Shane's twin brother last week.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

TWD: (in response to CC's post) [spoiler]I'm not convinced she was a mole. What makes you say that? Do we know that?[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on October 21, 2015, 03:20:23 PM

edit: Until one of you started spoilering TWD during the pre-views, anyway. :berkut:

It's Canada. It will be bilingual. Each actor will, very quickly, give both English and French versions: "Luke, I am your father - Luke, je suis ton pere ... "  ;)

Luke:  NOOOO! / Luc: SACRE BLEU!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Berkut

But it is in Montreal, so it would be:

"Luc, je suis ton pere ... "

"Luke, I am your father"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

A Languish Star Wars event would be sweet. :)

Alternatively, we could set up team speak while watching it together when the blu ray comes out. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I just went to see "The Martian". It was much cooler than I expected.

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on October 21, 2015, 03:26:44 PM

Luke:  NOOOO! / Luc: SACRE BLEU!

Or perhaps, this being Quebec,

Luke: NOOOO! / Luc: TABERNAC!

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2015, 03:28:19 PM

But it is in Montreal, so it would be:

"Luc, je suis ton pere ... "

"Luke, I am your father"

:lol:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 21, 2015, 03:25:08 PM
TWD: (in response to CC's post) [spoiler]I'm not convinced she was a mole. What makes you say that? Do we know that?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]She confessed to Carl but he cut her off mid sentence and he didn't catch her admission.  She then left him a note as she was leaving to try to "survive somehow" or words to that effect.  Where did she go?  To rejoin the Wolves.  The main question is whether the kid who's dad was killed by Rick was also in on it at the end.  I thought he might be but he was also attacked - but that might just be that one of the attackers didnt realize or didn't care he had helped them.[/spoiler]

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 21, 2015, 09:47:52 AM
Ok, who is Boba Fett really?

Or the thousands of storm troopers?

Sometimes they just wear a mask because the director thinks it looks cool.  :D

None of them are important characters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Boba Fett only became popular cause he made a great toy.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on October 21, 2015, 06:21:42 PM

I didn't know who he was till I a friend showed a little statue of the guy he bought.  He has like one line and dies humorously when the sand worm eats him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on October 21, 2015, 06:21:42 PM

That's a very good point.  It had the shooting grapnel thing, right?  With kung fu action?

viper37

The Last Kingdom

Saw the first 2 episodes, I would rate it as average so far, but as others said, the critics talk about the 3rd episode being the turning point, so I'll wait for that.

Supergirl

Girl power! Girl Power! Girl Power!
That's about it.  Callista Flockhearts is very good in her role of bitch boss, the young actress plays the part of the naive young country girl arriving in the big city as good as she can, and then, there is the constant flying around that looks quite cheesy after the first time.
It's halfway between cheesy and semi-good.  I suppose they have good material on which they could expand: along with Supergirl escape from the Phantom Zone, a prison containing some of the universe's most dangerous criminals escaped and fell on Earth too.
[spoiler]There is some kind of secret governemental organization similar to S.H.I.E.L.D. operating there, and they were created for the same reason as SHIELD, because a benevolent alien fell on Earth by accident and some bad guys from outer space tried to ruin his day.  In Marvel's universe, it's because of Thor that SHIELD decides to pursue weapon research, in this universe it's simply because Aliens on Earths freaks everyone out[/spoiler]

I won't be watching the 2nd episode, but some of you liked Smallville and Superman, so maybe that's your cup of tea.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.