Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: 11B4V on August 19, 2015, 07:18:34 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 19, 2015, 05:35:26 PM
11b4v hates fun. And not just the band.
Worthy of the franchise, but more story and dialog would have been a plus. Presently the movie was a small fallout side quest.

It had plenty of story and character development, and as much dialogue as needed, IMO. I found it refreshing to watch a movie that didn't feel the need to blab exposition about the story, setting, or feelings of the characters to me all the time. If I want that I watch a Christopher Nolan movie.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Finally did that thing (bored at work -_-) - 129/500.

Was happy to see that The Last Seduction made the list - above Fatal Attraction!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Linda Fiorentino in that movie  :worthy:

Last Seduction is pretty good. That film plus Red Rock West and Rounders conform a pretty neat neo-noir tryptic by John Dahl. It's a pity his career died out in the 2000s.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 19, 2015, 07:59:20 PM
And Ex Machina. [spoiler]Not sure why the robot girl left the tester trapped in the house.  :hmm:[/spoiler] It was ok.
He served his purpose, she had no more use for him.[spoiler]
If she killed him, eventually, police would have investigated the place and search for a killer at large.
Now, he'll be there, dehydrated/starved/whatever, police will assume he killed everyone and found himself trapped inside.[/spoiler]

As I said before:
[spoiler]manipulative bitch[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Anyone been watching Mr. Robot?

[spoiler]The first rule of fsociety is: do not talk about fsociety. The second rule of fsociety is: do not talk about fsociety.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Gave 'The Big Lebowski' a 2nd viewing  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2015, 10:12:26 PM
Gave 'The Big Lebowski' a 2nd viewing  :)

Hey mongers - been a while.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Quote from: viper37 on August 20, 2015, 10:41:55 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 19, 2015, 07:59:20 PM
And Ex Machina. [spoiler]Not sure why the robot girl left the tester trapped in the house.  :hmm:[/spoiler] It was ok.
He served his purpose, she had no more use for him.[spoiler]
If she killed him, eventually, police would have investigated the place and search for a killer at large.
Now, he'll be there, dehydrated/starved/whatever, police will assume he killed everyone and found himself trapped inside.[/spoiler]

As I said before:
[spoiler]manipulative bitch[/spoiler]

:yes:

celedhring

Star Trek: Insurrection on the telly tonight. It's the only Star Trek movie I have never seen. Yay or nay? Otherwise I will fire up some BR.

Duque de Bragança

Dual Audio right? Otherwise, fire a BR. Insurrection has nothing on Star Trek First contact though.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on August 21, 2015, 02:26:22 PM
Star Trek: Insurrection on the telly tonight. It's the only Star Trek movie I have never seen. Yay or nay? Otherwise I will fire up some BR.

If it's the only ST movie you've never seen then I'd definitely recommend it for completeness sake.

Insurrection itself is... okay.  It's not terrible (like Nemesis), but it's not brilliant either.  If you're a Trek fan you'll enjoy it, if you're not (but somehow sat through 11 other movies) then I'd give it a pass.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Finally watched the final season of Damages. Man I really did love that show. The finale...[spoiler]a little too Devil Wears Prada in the final moments for my taste.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Insurrection might be the only Trek film I never managed to finish.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2015, 03:40:08 PM

Did you make it through Nemesis?  Final Frontier?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2015, 03:40:08 PM

Well, you hardly finish movies in general, so that's not so surprising.