News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2015, 11:39:50 AM
60, with a few more I think I've seen but not in 20 years.  I'm not the biggest comedy guy. (However, I question the utility of a greatest comedies list that has no Ernst Lubitsch or Harold Lloyd. Unless I missed them?)

It's not a critics' list, but one made by popular voting. There's plenty of low and medium brow films in there. Can't say about Lubitsch and Lloyd, but there's plenty of Wilder and I think some Keaton on it.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 11:28:01 AM
Some of the earlier Pink Panthers can be a little draggy.

Says the guy who didn't realize Brazil was a comedy  :P

Syt

No Adam's Apples on the list. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 12:14:03 PM
:blink: I can't believe there are people who have not yet seen Spinal Tap.

It hasn't been shown in tv, here, in years. If you are under 20, how could you have?

I've seen 3 movies of the top 10. People really over value Monty Python.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 12:14:03 PM
:blink: I can't believe there are people who have not yet seen Spinal Tap.

yeah, that's just weird.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

I watched Spinal Tap one day that I found it randomly on tv, and haven't seen it again ever since. I guess it's not very well known outside the English speaking world.

Eddie Teach

I watched like the first half hour of Spinal Tap. Far enough to get to the "This goes to 11" scene, which was very disappointing given the Internet buildup.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

You have to watch the whole thing Wegro.  This is not negotiable.

Syt

I know Hailey on Modern Family is supposed to be the pretty one, but her huge eyes kinda freak me out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

celedhring

The Rock in talks to headline a Big Trouble In Little China remake. Is this good or bad news? I like him.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on June 01, 2015, 05:32:15 PM
The Rock in talks to headline a Big Trouble In Little China remake. Is this good or bad news? I like him.

Both the remake and The Rock are bad ideas.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on June 01, 2015, 05:32:15 PM
The Rock in talks to headline a Big Trouble In Little China remake. Is this good or bad news?

Not as good as a Tooth Fairy sequel would be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

"The Greg Gutfeld Show". Painful. Faux News really are complete and utter scum.