And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 28, 2014, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 28, 2014, 12:23:32 PM
I suppose pirates were looking for the shitty 2014 remake, and ended up downloading the original by mistake - and to their benefit.

Or a better copy was uploaded.
If I was a movie :pirate: I would have downloaded all of that list this year.  :D

One thing I have come to conclude about piracy, it's not worth it when it comes to movie spectaculars and it's not worth it when it's available on streaming. Once you ask yourself how much is your own time worth to you it becomes cheaper to buy.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Queequeg on December 28, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning.

What the fuck?

It's not perfectly executed, but the last thing I was expecting was Noe meets Refn meets Cronenberg meets Apocalypse Now with some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen? 

That was really surprising.

Best Hyams movie in a long while or so I have heard. A good surprise for many people so you are not the only one.

celedhring

And here's the TV show list.

Why pirate South Park when it can be streamed for free from their site*?

*In Spain at the very least.

Martinus

I wouldn't pirate shows if they were available* in Poland. That's why I haven't pirated any HBO shows as HBO GO makes them all available immediately.

*And by available I mean being able to watch them legally immediately upon release and not a number of months later.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Ok season 3 of the Arrow building up to be the best so far. Some things never change, though. Laurel is still as annoying as fuck and Malcolm is the best villain ever.

CountDeMoney

AMC is running the Breaking Bad marathon.  Jesse Pinkman is such a flake and a weenie.  Heisenberg should've whacked him in Season 2. 

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 29, 2014, 02:49:33 PM
Ok season 3 of the Arrow building up to be the best so far. Some things never change, though. Laurel is still as annoying as fuck and Malcolm is the best villain ever.

another convert...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2014, 05:15:11 PM
AMC is running the Breaking Bad marathon.  Jesse Pinkman is such a flake and a weenie.  Heisenberg should've whacked him in Season 2.

I dunno about that, but he definitely should have let Gus take him out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sophie Scholl

I rather enjoyed the season of Ripper Street Amazon Prime and the BBC put out.  A shame that it will probably be a one and don,e as the characters are quite fun.  On some level though, I hope they leave it alone now for the tidy conclusion they wrapped up in the finale.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 29, 2014, 05:37:45 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2014, 05:15:11 PM

I dunno about that, but he definitely should have let Gus take him out.

I think the idea was that Heisenberg took Jessie under his wing as the potential intellectual successor that he couldn't have (as his natural son was developmentally disable)...and then went overboard on the obsession (letting his GF-who-was-trying-to-split-them die). 

Hell, you could say Jessie was his man-crush love interest in the series...certainly more than his family.

Ideologue

Jesse predominantly exists so that the Boomer audience that invested in Walt could have someone to really despise, because while they may hate both the Greatest Generation and brown people, you still had to respect Mike and Gus.

Joke's on them, though.  What a great program. ^_^
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Season 2 of Maron is on Netflix.  If you like Curb Your Enthusiasm, you'd like Maron

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 01:08:50 AM
Season 2 of Maron is on Netflix.  If you like Curb Your Enthusiasm, you'd like Maron.

It's because you identify with the whole living-alone-with-cats thing, isn't it?  :P