News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

American Horror Story always begins well and loses it's way after 5-6 episodes.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on November 20, 2014, 10:49:40 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 19, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
But you talk up one Michael Bay movie or TRON sequel...
Pain&Gain?

Seriously, what did you think of it?

Only not the best movie of 2013 because Gravity made everything else pale in comparison.

Snowpiercer was fun enough, but the critical spooging over it was weird.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

I saw a bus with a poster that read: "Don't wait for Sherlock: findmoriarty.tv" I assumed it was a teaser for the special that's filming in the new year, but that URL doesn't exist (yet?), which made me wonder if the bus was being used for filming some advanced footage.

Ideologue

Birdman (2014).  Birdman is very close to the best movie of the year, and it is almost without a doubt the hardest.

I'm unexpectedly virtuous

A+

(1038 words.  That's atypically non-indulgent. -_- )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Rex Reed didn't like it. Yes, I read Rex Reed reviews. Bite me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on November 20, 2014, 11:45:58 AM
Only not the best movie of 2013 because Gravity made everything else pale in comparison.
I haven't sen Gravity yet, and half of 2013 looks like a blackhole to me.  Heck, I saw a movie in theater in july, can't remember what it was.
Pain & Gain was good, but very, hey, extremely weird knowing most of it happenned for real.  That's the kind of wacky stuff I expect an hollywood writer to come up with, but knowing they took it from the trial notes...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Gravity was a fun time to kill 90 minutes, but nothing to write home from space about.

Want a nifty space movie?  Love.

CountDeMoney

One of the unemployment benefits not funded by the government is the ability to catch Friends reruns on TBS during the afternoon.

One of the greatest TV mysteries will always be the concept of Ross and Rachel.  David Schwimmer?  With Jennifer Aniston?  No.  Just no.  We just don't live in that kind of a universe where that sort of thing would ever happen, which is why television will always remain implausible.

Admiral Yi

Attractive broke-ass girls know the jude is a good provider.

CountDeMoney

But they're boring, and they always go back to the high end moneymaker, older professional or unemployed drummer, depending on their relationship with their father.

Eddie Teach

You're saying paleontologists don't get chicks IRL? :blink:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

No, I'm saying paleotologists that look like David Schwimmer don't get chicks like Jennifer Aniston in IRL.

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 20, 2014, 04:48:02 PM

Well, at least he's saying older professionals do. Which would be awesome, if they were not married.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Fucked up that David Schwimmer was written out of BoB. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on November 20, 2014, 04:57:25 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 20, 2014, 04:48:02 PM

Well, at least he's saying older professionals do. Which would be awesome, if they were not married.  :D

Marc Maron once said that he attracts younger women because he seems to fulfill certain Daddy Issue vacuums, and once they start saying stuff like, "You know, I'm really beginning to communicate better with my father," then he knows the relationship is ending and his work is done.

His show in IFC, btw, is hilarious if you're a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" type of fan.